Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 130

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 130 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Long View Post
    There really needs to be a fifth movie that will provide some sort of closure.
    How about one where the zombies feed on the cast of Twilight?

The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) - This is a fantastic movie depicting the lives of three WWII veterans as they try to readjust to civilian life. The most fantastic performance in this movie in my opinion is given by Harold Russell. Harold Russell lost his hands in 1944 during a training exercise when some TNT exploded in his hands and he had to have hooks to replace his hands. So the hooks in the movie were real. They were not special effects.

A Bridge Too Far (1977) - This movie, in the tradition of The Longest Day (1962), has some heavy star power. James Caan, Anthony Hopkins, Michael Caine, Sean Connery (who was also in The Longest Day as a different character), and so on. A very good movie about a failed Allies mission. Just don't watch it if you don't have four hours to kill because it very long.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    How about one where the zombies feed on the cast of Twilight?
    This would greatly please the Tall Man. And the zombies.

Unstoppable with Denzel Washington. Very riveting.

Hangover II - I did not like it. Not very creative and too many potty mouth jokes with no style. I was a bit embarrassed for the audience actually. It does not matter how stupid the potty mouth joke is, they would laugh like crazy as long as some private part or bodily function was mentioned.

Also, it was too dark and fast paced. Like they mashed up The transporter and the original Hangover. Strange cinematography choices for a comedy too.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Watched Hereafter last night. Directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Matt damon. It's the one where Damon plays a psychic. I was actually surprised at how well Eastwood handled the subject matter. All of the actor's did a fantastic job too. It starts out with a tsunami (literally) that will take your breath away. Eastwood deftly handles three different story lines and weaves them together in a very satisfying ending. Good, good movie.

Finland, currently in my hometown for the summer.

The original Wicker Man from the 70's. Haven't seen the remake and after all the critiques I've heard I don't have to see it either :P

Open Range (2003) - A great western starring Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, and Annette Benning. I would rank this movie in my top fifteen favorite westerns and I've seen quite a few of them. Kevin Costner does a fantastic job directing and playing the part of Charley Waite. Robert Duvall is fantastic, too. I chose this movie from the store just at random because I had never seen it and I wanted to watch something different. I'm glad I chose this movie to add to my collection.

One thing I do like about this time of year - we watch more movies. This evenings entertainment was "The Last Three Days", with Russell Crowe (who would also do Roland DeSchaine justice) and Elizabeth Banks. I highly recommend this one.

Water for Elephants. Good movie, great drama! I was so deeply touched while watching it, so it's definitely a very good movie. It has everything a good movie needs - nice actors, exciting plot, a bit unexpected ending - everything is perfect. The movie is worth seeing.