This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 135 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Although I was an avid Walker Percy Movie Goer, in all kinds of ways, it has been a time since I've seen a movie. That one from that fat slob, what's his face? Michael Moore? Farhenheit whatever? I think that was the last theatre movie I'd seen. But they ran "I am Legend" w/Will Smith this weekend and I happened to be flipping channels at the right time, so I watched.

I'd seen "The Omega Man" w/Charleston Heston, yay, all those years ago...

And I think both are good takes on Matheson's story. I liked how they played w/the idea that...I forget the character's name...sue me...that Will Smith played....played w/the idea that he loses his mind, or is losing it. That seems a fair...extension...for what is happening. Like, when he sees the dummy standing there...the...zombies/vampires...having set some sort of boobie-trap....but....THAT...did not play well w/his previous evaluation...(I like how he played the scientist, recording his findings...but he records his take on the....zombie/vampire....that dares the light, and attacks him)....So....the same ones what are losing their humanity, by...daring the light...also have the wit and wherewithal to set that boobie trap.

Naw. Don't buy it. But still, good take. Matheson did not have that...or, he had a different take in his story.

I liked hos they used the shepherd and play back scenes from "before" so you learn how it is that he came to that point.

The deer hunting? Naw. No can do. I had problems w/the speed...speed of the car he was driving, the speed of the animal.

The best part, I thought, was him losing it after seeing the dummy standing at the intersection...he loses it and he almost lost the whole deal. That was nice.

Last movie? 1408.A good movie,but not great.Definitely not low budget,but they could have spent more! Still I enjoyed it!

We watched Season of the Witch with Nicolas Cage the other night, it was good up to the end, then I thought it was just a little same old. Better than I expected, though.

Last night we watched Gnomeo and Juliet, and I was very pleasantly surprised! It was very cute, probably one we will be adding to our home collection soon.

I went and saw "Super 8" the other day, and although it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, it was a fun film. It was a monster movie that was more concerned with character relationships than the monster (where have we seen stories like that before? ). Fun summer movie.

The Matrix: Reloaded - I've seen it quite a few times before, but my mom and dad haven't seen this one so I watched it with them last night. I really need to get the first movie on DVD. It just seems silly for me to have the last two on DVD without having the first one. Then I can nerd out and have a complete Matrix marathon without the freaking commercials on TV. And I really want to have those cool glasses Morpheus wears.

Creepshow - Yöjuttu came on tv Saturday night and I re-watched ít. Steve was good again as Jordy Verill.

I watched all four of the Indiana Jones movies last week. It was the first time I'd seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull since I saw it when it was in theaters and I liked it a lot more this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Long View Post
    The Matrix: Reloaded - I've seen it quite a few times before, but my mom and dad haven't seen this one so I watched it with them last night. I really need to get the first movie on DVD. It just seems silly for me to have the last two on DVD without having the first one. Then I can nerd out and have a complete Matrix marathon without the freaking commercials on TV. And I really want to have those cool glasses Morpheus wears.
    Don't forget the Animatrix.....I enjoyed those a lot.

Cars 2 with the kiddo.

Can't believe they waited so long to make that disappointment.

Let Me In - If you've ever seen "Let the Right One In" this is the American remake. Normally I hate this kind of thing (Quarantine-[rec]; A Tale of Two Sisters-The Uninvited; etc) but in this case, not only does the remake differ enough from the original to offer a different feel (and, imho a VERY different atmosphere), it's actually a GOOD movie. 4 outta 5.