This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 140 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Current TV has been running a series on great documentaries and they ran one the other night called "One Day In September" that was about the 1972 Olympic terrorist kidnapping and killing of the Israeli athletes. I was only 11 years old when this happened but remembered quite a bit about it and remembered us all watching this tragedy as it unfolded on live TV. The heart of the documentary is the coverage of the day of the kidnappings but the documentary is also a very thorough look at the events leading to this and the aftermath. One of the things that is striking is how ill prepared the German police were for something like this and thinking of how differently this situation would be handled today.

I just saw Edge of Darkness (I think that's what it's called) last week. It was a very depressing movie, but well worth it. Boy, can Mel Gibson act or what? He brought on some pretty real sobs throughout the movie.

I saw Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows Part 2 yesterday, in IMAX 3D. That was the way to see the finale of the series! I totally loved it! I felt like a little kid getting off a roller coaster when I left the theater, screaming to his parents: "I want to do it again! I want to do it again!"

It also makes me a little sad that the series is over, there will never be a new Harry Potter film. Oh well.

I also watched the King's Speech on my netflix. It was a well-crafted, well-acted film, but I was a little upset that they left out that whole "appeasement" part of King George and Nazi Germany.

I recently watched "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters", a documentary on the two world record holders for the old Donkey Kong arcade machine games. It got my nerd-rage boiled up!
    Really good, and really sad at the same time.

The Child's Eye. I don't even want to comment upon it. Though, usually I'm very loyal and I'm not really judgemental of movies, this time I absolutely didn't like the movie, it was just awful. It's not scary, in general the whole movie makes no sense and it's simply not worth of watching.

The Smurfs. This was one good movie! In fact, I absolutely adored it and I didn't regret I went to the movies to see it. Though, I'm not a child, I loved the movie, it's very kind, funny and exciting. And sure, it is a good movie for children.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End. Finally I watched the third part of the movie, it was the only part I haven't seen yet. And I liked it, as all the Pirates. Though, I must confess I like the first two movies and the fourth one much better. But still, the third one also wasn't bad. Jack Sparrow was great as usual

Evil Dead II on blu-ray. "A Farewell to Arms" best gag in the movie.

The A-Team movie - I love the series, but the movie kind of left me with mixed feelings.

Back to the Future Parts 1, 2, & 3 - I kind of nerded out over the weekend and had a full day of Delorean time travel. I wish I had my own flux capacitor.

The Mist and Sybil. Both were great! By the way, Sybil is a true story about a woman with 16 personalities.

I finally got around to Where The Buffalo Roam. Bill Murray does a nice job playing Hunter S Thompson, and I enjoyed Peter Boyle's version of Lazlo. As your attorney, I advise you to watch this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBaccarat View Post
    I finally got around to Where The Buffalo Roam. Bill Murray does a nice job playing Hunter S Thompson, and I enjoyed Peter Boyle's version of Lazlo. As your attorney, I advise you to watch this movie.
    I've been wanting to see this for a long time. One day I'll probably buy it.

Last movies I watched were:
    Wild Things (from 1998, has twists & turns more than most movies with Denise Richards, Matt Dillon, Kevin Bacon, Bill Murray, Neve Campbell, Robert Wagner, & Theresa Russell)
    Body Heat (from 1981, Kathleen Turner manipulates a lawyer into murder and then some)
    Starsky & Hutch (2004 remake with Vince Vaughn & Ben Stiller)