Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 145

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 145 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    The Roommate
    And SWF is better. IMO.
    Much.

Final Destination 5
    Format exactly the same as 1-4, imaginative deaths, excellent opening disaster, terrific use of 3D, ending great fun for those who have been with the series from the start.

We watched one called Triangle last night. Melissa George was in it. I was a little surprised that it kept my interest, because there is something about Melissa George that just bugs me, but it was pretty decent. Group of people out sailing, and they got caught in some weird time loop. Got my heart beating a few times.

Watch Scream 4, very good so far.

Watched Creepshow on DVD last night. We’re still experiencing intermittent outages of cable because of Hurricane Irene.

The last movie I saw in the theater was "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." It was awesome; highly recommended!

The last couple newish movies I saw at home (among those I'd never seen before) were the Australian "found footage" horror film, "The Tunnel," which was pretty good (I really like the "found footage" sub-genre, but this movie is probably not for everyone), and the American remake (I've never seen the Swedish original) of "Let Me In." Stephen King calls that "the best American horror film in the last 20 years," and while I'm not sure I precisely agree with that statement, he's definitely not far off. Certainly one of the better horror movies of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by sam peebles View Post
    The Reef - a supposed true story of some Australians swimming in the ocean when their boat sinks. Everyone gets eaten by a great white. The scenes with the shark are cool, there's some intense attacks, but the pacing of the movie was slow. Still, it was well-made.
    Oooh! I'm going to try to get ahold of that one ASAP.

I've already downloaded & watched "The Reef." I have kind of a thing for shark-oriented horror movies (and they really haven't made very many of them). It was well done. Not as good as "Open Water," but otherwise first-rate.

I finally got to see Let Me In. I enjoyed it very much. Still would like to read the book as well. I loved the dynamic between Abby and Owen.

And one called Get Low, with Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray and Lucas Black. It was very good. Robert Duvall plays a hermit with a secret who gets in touch with the local funeral parlor to set up his own funeral--but he wants it to be held before he actually dies. Had some really funny moments, and I laughed and cried. The best movies make you laugh and cry.

Saw a few this past week...

Planet of the Apes: First two acts were really well done. I did not like the climax at all. - CGI was amazing.

The Debt: A good solid film. Nothing to write home about. But good.

Inglorious Bastards: I really enjoyed this. I know its a bit old now, but i just got to see it on Showtime this weekend. Really good stuff.
    "One pixel can change everything."