This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 146 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Someone posted a question about Planet of the Apes -- I wonder what they found to eat in the forest. It's not exactly a natural ape habitat. Lots of trees, but food?

We saw Lincoln Lawyer this weekend -- very clever and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Caught the movie Identity on Starz the other night. I enjoyed it, but about half way through I had a pretty good idea of what exactly was going on, and a vague idea of how it was going to end. It was good, but predictable. I really like John Cusack, and have always found Ray Liotta a bit on the creepy side.
    I gotta admit, I love Identity. The subject matter is right up my alley--special crazy people. The first time I saw it it was not predictable to me. I watch it on TV just about whenever it comes on.

Last night watched No Country for Old Men again, picked up on a couple things I'd missed before. I love Bardem in it, and I like the way it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    We watched one called Triangle last night. Melissa George was in it. I was a little surprised that it kept my interest, because there is something about Melissa George that just bugs me, but it was pretty decent. Group of people out sailing, and they got caught in some weird time loop. Got my heart beating a few times.
    "Triangle" was one of my favorite surprises last year! Very cool. If you liked the structure of "Memento" and combined it with an episode of The Twilight Zone, you'd get "Triangle". Worth re-watching.

My parents took my girls to the fair yesterday so my husband and I watched The Rite. Now that movie scared the tata's off me. ICK, and it was based on true events. Ok, I'm gonna call a spade a spade here, but if something that creepy EVER happened to me, the nurses would be taking away my shoe laces. That is so grotesquely creepy, I don't even know what to say.... ISH!

Megamind - I hate how so many recent animated films just take a bunch of comedy actors, throw them into a wild plot and call it "COMEDY"...usually, i prefer my comedy films to have JOKES. Megamind is nowhere near as funny as it should be.

I watched MIRANDA (1949) starring the lovely Glynis Johns as the mermaid that all the guys around are in love with. Actually a pretty weird flick. See, this married doctor fella finds her half dead and nurses her back to health, keeping her in his house under the pretense that she's an invalid (and is carried everywhere she goes--no legs, you see, only a tail). She sleeps nights in the bathtub and eats raw fish sandwiches. Every guy that comes in contact with her falls for her, due in part to Miranda's constant flirtation with them. But I can understand--Glynis Johns was MONDO hot back then, with that sultry, kittenish voice. Anyhoo, a couple guys break off their engagements in order to propose to the fish-woman, and even the doctor begins an extra marital affair with Miranda, hiding said affair from his loyal and equally lovely wife. His wife ends up figuring out that Miranda is a mermaid (simply by seeing an advertisement of a mermaid in a magazine, reading an encyclopdeia, and putting two and two together [?]), and she even figures out that her husband has the hots for this aquatic tart, but she never gets angry about it, she just accepts it with a shrug, "Oh, boys will be boys". Heh, one part cracked me up--dig this, the housekeeper (whose beau ALSO has the hots for Miranda) discusses Miranda's weird habits with the doctors wife. She says, "And going through her dresser, I discovered Miranda never wears panties!" To which the doctors wife replies, "I knew there was something fishy about her!" HAH! Racey stuff for a movie made in the forties, eh?

So, at the end, realizing that she's messing up everyone's lives, Miranda leaps in the sea to return to her home. She made mention of her home in Cornwall, where she must be in the spring. The last shot shows Miranda the mermaid in her natural habitat, bouncing a little baby mermaid on her knee! Ooops, looks like somebody knocked the fish-girl up! But is that even possible?

Right afterward, TCM aired MAD ABOUT MEN, the sequel to Miranda. This one was in color. Didn't watch it...there's something fishy about the whole mess.

Oh...uh, SPOILER ALERT. A little late, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    ...my husband and I watched The Rite. Now that movie scared the tata's off me...
    This is where I say a moviemaker has gone too far!

I can't wait to see The Rite and now Triangle. Thanx!!!

Saw The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. It was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I can't wait to see The Rite and now Triangle.
    You'll enjoy Triangle - it's really good.

Just watched Limitless... It was alright. Definitely better then I expected.