This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 148 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Does Contagion really suck??? Haven't seen it yet, but was really looking forward to it...

I just saw a goofy comedy called "Eagle vs. Shark" on hulu. It wasn't a laugh riot, but pretty cool. The best part - lots of exterior shots of New Zealand... and the cinematography was fantastic. Made me want to go... Anyway, cool flick, check it out.

I watched "Trollhunter" over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's one of those "found footage" type stories, but it was much more fun than Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity--and you actually get to see the monsters, lots of 'em! The trollhunter character himself was the best--he reminded me of Quint from "Jaws", but more deadpan. I liked this movie because it didn't take itself too seriously and it delivered the goods.

I saw Warrior. It's a really good movie, assuming you can accept some of the more implausible plot elements.

Bonus for Stephen King fans: a subplot of the movie involves Nick Nolte's character listening to Moby-Dick on audiobook, and he's listening to the edition that was read by Frank Muller!

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I watched "Trollhunter" over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's one of those "found footage" type stories, but it was much more fun than Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity--and you actually get to see the monsters, lots of 'em! The trollhunter character himself was the best--he reminded me of Quint from "Jaws", but more deadpan. I liked this movie because it didn't take itself too seriously and it delivered the goods.
    Yeah, that's a great movie. They're doing an American remake that takes place in Minnesota, but I'd recommend viewing the original. There's no way a remake wil be as good as the version those Norwegians came up with.

Watched Falling Down starring Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall. Douglas plays an angry guy who gets fed up with being on the short end of life's stick and just goes on a Death Wish-meets-Rambo kind of crusade and Duvall is the cop (on the day of his retirement from the force, no less) who tries to find out who, what, and why. Awesome movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I just saw a goofy comedy called "Eagle vs. Shark" on hulu. It wasn't a laugh riot, but pretty cool. The best part - lots of exterior shots of New Zealand... and the cinematography was fantastic. Made me want to go... Anyway, cool flick, check it out.
    I first read that and I thought it was some sort of cheap Syfy movie, but then I reread the "goofy comedy" part.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Watched Falling Down starring Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall. Douglas plays an angry guy who gets fed up with being on the short end of life's stick and just goes on a Death Wish-meets-Rambo kind of crusade and Duvall is the cop (on the day of his retirement from the force, no less) who tries to find out who, what, and why. Awesome movie.
    I listened to the audiobook of Roadwork recently, and it made me think of Falling Down. That is indeed a good flick.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I listened to the audiobook of Roadwork recently, and it made me think of Falling Down. That is indeed a good flick.
    When I read Roadwork, I thought of Falling Down too. We all get that "I've had enough" feeling sometimes.

Last night I watched the 1981 film, "Possession," starring Isabel Adjani and Sam Neill.

Wow. My appreciation for weird, horrific movies is pretty much emblematic of my personality, but dang, this one was almost too much. I'm not even going to recommend seeing it, beyond noting that if you wish to see some of the most disturbing images of esoteric terror in the history of cinema, then watch this film. For the first 45-50 minutes, I wasn't even convinced it really was a horror movie (it just seems like a rather unpleasant movie about a couple getting a divorce), but then all of a sudden, it shifted gears in a major way. I might have turned it off if it wasn't for the fact that I just like looking at Isabel Adjani, but I'm glad I suck with with. Once I was past the one-hour mark, developments had taken place that had me glued to the screen.

It actually reminds me of another Isabel Adjani film ie., Roman Polanski's 1976 film "The Tenant." If you liked "The Tenant," you'll probably like this too. And if you didn't, then you'd probably be better off skipping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    This is where I say a moviemaker has gone too far!

I can't wait to see The Rite and now Triangle. Thanx!!!