Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 149

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 149 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Watched Falling Down starring Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall. Douglas plays an angry guy who gets fed up with being on the short end of life's stick and just goes on a Death Wish-meets-Rambo kind of crusade and Duvall is the cop (on the day of his retirement from the force, no less) who tries to find out who, what, and why. Awesome movie.

Love this movie, one of my favorites.

Jane Eyre - culture, innit?
    Friends with benefits - raunchy romcom with decent script and heart
    Colombiana - OK revenge action thriller

Endless Bummer, a low budget surfer flick shot in Ventura. It's got a good party scene, a great boob shot and a surprisingly good ending - dude, like way meaningful, man... - that I never saw coming and kinda stuck with me.

Peace.

I watched Soul Surfer with my girls. I have to say, Bethany Hamilton is one courageous, determined girl.

Next Day Air (comedy-suspense flick from 2009, madness ensues when a shipment of drugs are delivered to the wrong address)
    Basic (John Travolta/Samuel L Jackson action movie from 2003 that flopped & never gets talked about, I didn't think it was that bad)
    Terminator 2 (best movie Ahnold was ever in, best movie James Cameron ever made, also greatest example of a sequel being better than the original)

Howl starring James Franco as Allen Ginsberg. Oh man, great flick. Ginsberg had guts and vision. Franco did a superb job capturing his speech and mannerisms.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroy'd by madness..."

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Howl starring James Franco as Allen Ginsberg. Oh man, great flick. Ginsberg had guts and vision. Franco did a superb job capturing his speech and mannerisms.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroy'd by madness..."
    James Franco is a great actor... Did you know he is working on a Doctorate at Yale University???

Quote Originally Posted by Donald W. DeClicko View Post
    Terminator 2 (best movie Ahnold was ever in, best movie James Cameron ever made, also greatest example of a sequel being better than the original)
    I 100% disagree, in fact, I think this movie was the direct cause of the downfall of James Cameron.
    He slapped together a cheesy action movie with stereotypical, cardboard cutout characters, shined it up real nice, put cutting-edge effects in it and it was eaten up like crazy.

Watching Eddie Furlong teach a TERMINATOR how to be "cool" by throwing around phrases that nobody EVER used (except when they thought this movie was cool) is cringe-worthy after watching the MASTERPIECE that is the first Terminator film. Cameron replaced terror with action, suspense with chase sequences, and an overwhelming sense of realistic dread with slick effects. All downgrades.

Hi.First time poster.
    I recently saw"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark." It was a remake of the movie that came out in '74,I believe,for TV. I enjoyed the first movie because the little creatures were basically heard and not seen.I loved the way they giggled and whispered...built up some delicious tension. The re-make had Guillermo del Toro handprint all over it,which is a good thing,in my opinion. The actors were quite good,especially the little girl. The CGI creatures were pretty horrifying,but because they were so visible,so often,I didn't get the rush of terror that I love so much!! I would give it 4 stars out of 5.

I saw three movies during this weekend. First one was Buried not my favorite. The second one was Sex and the City 2 much better then the first movie. And my third one was SAW the final chapter. Good that this was the last SAW movie (or I hope). I don't like when they torture and kill people. But I had to see it anyway.