This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 150 of 287 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Hi, welcome to the board! Keep posting! I hadn't heard of Don't Be Afraid of the Dark or its original. Thanx for letting me know! I just finished watching Picnic (1955), a title which I'd always avoided due to ignorant, preconceived notions. The movie was fantastic, great writing, great casting, great acting, great everything.

Watched Contagion. Sorely disappointed. An hour into the movie I asked my friend, 'Shouldn't something exciting, scary, something, be happening by now?' When the movie ended (finally) there was an audible gasp in the audience.( A gasp of what-the-heck! Is that all there is?) Including mine. As my friend and I were getting up to leave I said that the movie would be something I would have expected from a basic cable channel. Or maybe SyFy. The three people who were sitting in the row in front of us overheard my comment and agreed with my comments. Bummer.
    JMO
    Thanx, Siggy, for the warning. I had looked forward to Contagion, but I take your word.

I saw Drive, which is astonishingly good.

I saw Something Borrowed, which was astonishingly bad (RedBox rental - the bank wouldn't approve my loan to see a movie at the theater).

i watched FRIGHTNIGHT 3D the other night - oh what a disappointment. colin farell was as wooden as the stake that went through his heart. reminded me of Jim carey in the cable guy. David tennent done his best > Cap'n Jack sparrow but ended up a rather camp russel brand. he was the best thing in the film , but i still saw dr who in everything he done. i recommend walking in from one of the other films in the multiplex and catching the last 30 minutes for free rather than paying to watch this crud!!!- oh yeh the side kick in kick a$$- Mclovin??? he plays the same part he always plays - what is he 25 26 playing a college geek - again!!!!

^^Jim Carey is awesome in The Cable Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I saw Drive, which is astonishingly good.
    IMO...Drive is the best film since Inception. I loved it. Totally out of left field too. Cliff Martinez soundtrack is haunting and intoxicating. Cinematography outstanding. Even Albert Brooks as a hardcore gangster worked extremely well. - Highly recommended.

I offer a bit of a warning regarding the escalating violence. It gets pretty out of hand. Not for the faint of heart.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Didn't even know they made a movie of this, would love to see it. Love Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    ^^Jim Carey is awesome in The Cable Guy.
    We watched " Bruce Almighty" last night.....gotta say Carey is hilarious in this too!

The Replacement Killers (for an action flick this was enjoyable, not to mention the beautiful Ms. Mira Sorvino)
    Ransom (from 1996 this may be Ron Howards best film, Gary Sinise is a beast as the villian, Mel Gibson is a dbag but this is easily his best performance ever)

The Catch-up - crude, coarse, rude, and a lot funnier than I expected
    30: Minutes Or Less - entertaining, but not a comedy (a bit like Fargo: crime drama with comedic overtones)
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - very dense, hard to follow: quality, but hard work
    Warrior - decent family drama based round cage fighting