Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 164

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 164 of 287 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I've been rooting around in the cheap bin at Wal-Mart and came across "FUZZ" from 1972 with Burt Reynolds, Tom Skerritt and a bunch of other big names (part of a 3 movies for $5 pack). It's a comedy-drama type movie that probably was copying it's style from MASH. The story takes place in a police precinct with a large cast and has a large dose of comedy mixed in with a couple of serious story lines. It was not all that good mainly from the comedy being very dated but what struck me as funny, is how inappropriate a lot of the jokes they were doing in this movie would be today.
    Based on one of the 87th Precinct police procedural novels by Ed McBain (aka Evan Hunter).

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    We watched Super 8 the other night, best way to describe it is ET with an edge. Loved it!
    Saw it last night on blu-ray and thought it was excellent. Like so many other blu-rays, you may not want to watch this one if there are people sleeping in your house and you are hooked up to a surround system. Some of the more noisy moments in this movie will shake the foundation of your house.

I watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil last night.
    I didn't have anything going on and took a chance with this movie. I am glad that I did.
    It's horror/comedy.
    I found it to be funny/goofy and a little gory.
    Not too bad IMO.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Been rooting around in the Wal-Mart cheap bin again.

Breakheart Pass - Pretty entertaining mid 70's flick with Charles Bronson based on an Alistair MacLean novel.

Valdez Is Coming - Based on an Elmore Leonard novel. Decent movie except that Burt Lancaster is cast as a Mexican Constable. I ask the question I always ask in a case like this, "why didn't they get a Mexican actor to play that part?" If you can get past the casting, it's a good movie.

Went to the theatre yesteday - first time in ages...movies were $5 per person if you went before noon, so we made the 10:15 showing of Red Tails. It was slow in spots, but overall a good movie. Plus, they had technical difficulties and it started late, so they gave everyone passes for a buy one get one free ticket!

I watched a very odd movie on the weekend.

"Bigger than Life" was made in 1956 and directed by Nicholas Ray (Rebel without a cause). About a schoolteacher who develops a life-threatening illness that can only be treated by a new miracle drug: cortisone. The drug saves his life, but he develops terrible psychological symptoms that almost destroy him.

Hard to imagine cortisone as this unknown -- and quite dangerous -- drug, given how common its use is now.

As I was looking for information on the movie, I found a commenter on teh IMDB site for the movie suggesting it was an inspiration for the Shining. There are some parallels, but I'm not sure I buy it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049010/

The movie was based on an article in The New Yorker called "Ten Feet Tall", so was a docudrama: http://www.newyorker.com/archive/195...ARDS_000247061

Very much a melodrama, and one I wish I could have seen on a BIIIG screen.

Last night I watched All Good Things, starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst. I loved it! Great movie and a true story.

Recently saw War Horse , and have to say its fantastic , though you will need your hankies

The last dvd I watched was an oldie ... 'Arsenic and old lace' starring Cary Grant , very funny film imo

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Great movie! Such a cute fairytale, one of the best movies I have ever seen. And Johny Depp is awesome, as usual, no one would do it like he does

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Been rooting around in the Wal-Mart cheap bin again.

Breakheart Pass - Pretty entertaining mid 70's flick with Charles Bronson based on an Alistair MacLean novel.

Valdez Is Coming - Based on an Elmore Leonard novel. Decent movie except that Burt Lancaster is cast as a Mexican Constable. I ask the question I always ask in a case like this, "why didn't they get a Mexican actor to play that part?" If you can get past the casting, it's a good movie.
    You could ask the same question why didn't they cst a CUBAN to play TONY MONTANA... I don't think that movie would be where it is today if not for the great acting of AL PACINO