Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 165

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 165 of 287 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Been on a bit of a John Wayne kick lately. I've watched Fort Apache, Rio Bravo, The Searchers, Big Jake (actually watched this one using the ole VCR), and The Cowboys within the past couple of days.

I watched Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima last night. Great movie. I've actually had it on DVD for a while, though. I have this weird thing where I rarely watch new DVDs within the first few months on having them. I guess that's because I have so many other DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Been on a bit of a John Wayne kick lately. I've watched Fort Apache, Rio Bravo, The Searchers, Big Jake (actually watched this one using the ole VCR), and The Cowboys within the past couple of days.

I watched Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima last night. Great movie. I've actually had it on DVD for a while, though. I have this weird thing where I rarely watch new DVDs within the first few months on having them. I guess that's because I have so many other DVDs.
    Rio Bravo's one of my favorite movies. The other night I watched The Birdcage, with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane. It was really great, especially Lane. Sometimes I'm so grateful I give a movie or book a chance despite assuming I won't care for it.

Watched Zookeeper yesterday with my friend. It was a great and funny movie.

I watched a Lifetime movie called Untouchable The Drew Peterson story. He's an egocentric, and awful man.

I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I liked it a lot, couldn't wait for the apes to kick human butt.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by sam peebles View Post
    I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I liked it a lot, couldn't wait for the apes to kick human butt.
    I saw it and liked it too but I thought there was too much CGI in it. It was distracting at times. In fight scenes and the busier scenes, you don't really notice it but when the ape was hanging around the house swinging on things, I thought it was pretty fake looking.

Now that I think about it, humans in ape suits are fake looking too so what the hell am I complaining about?

I watched another John Wayne flick called The War Wagon. This one had Kirk Douglas in it, too. I liked the movie but that theme song played at the beginning really wormed its way into my head.

Also watched Bullitt last night for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I saw it and liked it too but I thought there was too much CGI in it. It was distracting at times. In fight scenes and the busier scenes, you don't really notice it but when the ape was hanging around the house swinging on things, I thought it was pretty fake looking.

Now that I think about it, humans in ape suits are fake looking too so what the hell am I complaining about?
    I agree completely that the CGI was hit or miss. Sometimes it was stunning, and at other times it looked...well, like CGI. But I can deal with some mediocre special effects if the story is decent. Also, you bring up a good point on what the alternative would be. People in suits? Real apes? At least using CGI throughout kept a consistent feel to the film, and I think it allowed more emotions than a mask, and more motion (climbing through trees and leaping through buildings) than people in suits, could ever have achieved.

Anyone who hasn't seen the film yet, I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for the heads up on Rise Of Planet Of The Apes!! I have that and Contagion recorded and didn't get a chance to watch either of them this weekend.

I still haven't seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes. My brother has it on Blu-Ray so I might as well borrow it from him.

Over the weekend I also watched The Right Stuff for the first time. Great movie and a great cast. This might be weird, but seeing Dennis Quaid and the way he looked in that movie really reminded me of Jim Carrey in The Cable Guy. I kept waiting for Dennis Quaid's character to lisp and it kind of distracted me from the movie.