Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 174

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 174 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

21 Jump Street. I thought it was fun and entertaining. Jonah Hill did a great job with the script and acting. Although, one of the villains was really hard to dislike. There may have been some content cut that really cast him as an evil doer.

Otherwise, I was amazed to see how high school life is supposedly different 20 years later. In short, it seem like the more extreme college lifestyle has migrated to the high school level. Not sure if its an exaggerated viewpoint, but wow, its pretty crazy out there if its true.

Also... Saw the preview for American Reunion. Looking forward to seeing that gang together again.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    21 Jump Street. I thought it was fun and entertaining. Jonah Hill did a great job with the script and acting.
    Loved that movie. I could have kept watching it for another hour.

North to Alaska (1960) - It seems my John Wayne movie quest keeps going on. Even though this movie kinda fits the mold of a chick flick I enjoyed it. And no Ward Bond to be found in this movie. I guess he must have been sick that day.

Wait a minute. Looks like my joke about Ward Bond was true. He died in 1960.

The Usual Suspects (Great movie. Kevin Spacey & Gabriel Byrne along with the supporting cast did really well)
    Cape Fear (Classic. Robert De Niro is a beast & Martin Scorcese's directing is great as usual)
    Once Upon A Time In Mexico (Not Robert Rodriguez' best but still ok. Johnny Depp's character & Eva Mendes were entertaining)

The Artist - highly entertaining exercise in how to tell stories on screen without dialogue.
    This Means War - OK romcom: Pine is likeable and can do comedy, Hardy isn't and can't.
    Wanderlust - horrible comedy full of characters who are merely containers for "hilarious" quirks.
    Project X - meretricious piece of trash.
    John Carter - big spectacular fun, unfairly trashed.
    Cleanskin - dour British secret agent on trail of terrorist: violent, but otherwise like a TV episode.
    The Raven - OK period mystery thriller with horror overtones.
    21 Jump Street - quite good despite excessive bad language and drig glorification.
    We Bought A Zoo - enjoyable family drama, sentimental without inducing diabetes.

The Hunger Games -- I didn't like it very much. It's not particularly well-directed, and I gather from talking to people who've read the novel that LOTS of info about characters and about the overall world was left out. The acting is good, and it's an interesting story, but the movie is only so-so as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    The Artist - highly entertaining exercise in how to tell stories on screen without dialogue.
    John Carter - big spectacular fun, unfairly trashed.
    I loved both of those movies. It bums me out that a mediocrity like The Hunger Games is going to earn more money in three days than these two will have earned in their entire runs put together once they are out of theatres.

Watched Funny Farm (1988) the other night. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

The Butterfly Effect. Great movie, makes you think about what you would do if you could change the past... And the idea of these blank memories is also very interesting, because sometimes our mind can really block some things, it is truly amazing.

The Lion King 3D. It was so cool to see the movie on the big screen, loved it as much as ever.