Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 184

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 184 of 287 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Just watched "The Thing" 2011 version.. and..HOLEEE...KRAPPP!! If you are a fan of the original,rent it..they did a very good job of reinventing the sense of isolation and claustrophobia the characters were faced with.As with anything it was not perfect,but man I loved the nods subtle and not so subtle to the original..of course it is a little PC'd up with a smarter than every guy heroine who survives some pretty impossible situations,(and of course you ladies out there know you are smarter than us,so no debate there, haha)..I think it would have been even better with no english,just subtitles..How do you scream in Swedish?(or was it Danish,)..anyhow, perhaps from the ending,the Russkies may have a little surprise heading their way..and this lobster, you don't eat,it eats you..

Saw Prometheus over the weekend. But I also went Swayze fest and watched The Outsiders, Point Break, and Ghost (with the GF).

Actually boring..too Blair Witchy for me. My wife was scared though.

Watched Redstate the other night..it was pretty good.

Madagascar 3. Nice cartoon. I do not think there is a need to say something else - a good cartoon, a great way to entertain a child.

The Woman in Black. I decided to re-watch the movie after reading the book. It is great, I think I will watch it again and again. It is practically the only scary movie I have seen in years.

Sleepy Hollow. One more great Tim Burton movie to see. Johnny Depp is perfect, as always. I have become his true fan, I admire his talent more and more with every movie I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Madagascar 3. Nice cartoon. I do not think there is a need to say something else - a good cartoon, a great way to entertain a child.

The Woman in Black. I decided to re-watch the movie after reading the book. It is great, I think I will watch it again and again. It is practically the only scary movie I have seen in years.

Sleepy Hollow. One more great Tim Burton movie to see. Johnny Depp is perfect, as always. I have become his true fan, I admire his talent more and more with every movie I see.
    Agreed on the last 2 points. Loved the Woman in Black. The ending was perfect. Haven't read the book though.

Also love Sleepy Hollow. Depp's range of acting is unprecedented. Sleepy Hollow to Blow to Pirates of the Caribbean to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Blow to Alice in Wonderland to Sweeney Todd. The list goes on and on. But wow.

How I Spent My Summer Vacation aka get The Gringo - unpleasant action thriller by an unpleasant man
    Dark Shadows - moderately amusing, moderate misfire though
    Piranha 3DD - lacks the self awareness of its predecessor, but the Hof is great
    What To Expect When You're Expecting - tolerable pregnancy-based multi-thread comedy
    The Dictator - tasteless and very funny
    The Raid - extremely violent subtitled Thai martial arts movie, very good of its type
    Snow White And The Huntsman - great visual imagination, glum delivery
    Men In Black 3 - entertaining and engaging revisitation
    Top Cat: The Movie - not even very good for kids
    Prometheus - pretentious eye candy full of illogicalities, inconsistencies and unanswered questions
    Red Tails - allegedly true (but actiually fairly inaccurate) tale of negro fighter squadron in WWII: great visuals, poor script

Trade - a gritty and disturbing movie about human trafficking set in Mexico - Kevin Kline was fantastic

Act of Valor - I loved, loved, loved this movie. Lots of action, great storyline but it also showed the emotional side of war.

I watched Sweeney Todd again. I just love the movie, and the songs are so beautiful. Yes, now I understand I could watch Johnny Depp 24 hours a day.

I watched a horror movie called Black Sheep.

From IMDB -
    "An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm."

It was gory and funny. Not too bad IMO.