Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 187

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 187 of 287 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Not bad, not bad. It was good to see the movie in the cinema, the effects are great, the story is rather unusual, but interesting anyway.

The Conversation (1974) - Every once in a while I encounter a film that I know I should have seen long before the first time I actually sat down to watch it. This is one of those films for me. Absolutely outstanding. I hear that the movie Enemy of the State is some sort of sequel, but I don't see much resemblance. Enemy of the State is a thrill-a-minute (and generic) chase movie whereas The Conversation is a very psychological and slow-moving (and I mean that in a good way) descent into paranoia.

But it is interesting to see the similarities between both of Hackman's characters.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The Tower Heist - not great but not too bad either. It is actually a heist movie. I kind of thought it was going to be a comedy. The first half is more comedy and the second half is a heist movie. Nice to see Eddie Murphy is something half decent.

The Sitter - Sort of a rip off of "Adventures in Babysitting." except this is strictly adult fare. Has it's moments but is disappointing considering Jonah Hill is in it.

As far as Jacob's post above, if you haven't seen "The Conversation," you must seek it out and watch it. A great flick.

LOL (2012). Nice and easy movie, it is not to be great, just a movie to see once. The only great point is the music, it is amazing.

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter. I absolutely loved it. Very well put together, story was actually pretty good and not choppy. I have not read the book but I thought the movie was freaking epic. I did watch it in 3D however. Makes Lincoln look like that much more of a hero.

Rock of Ages - I don't even like Tom Cruise or Alec Baldwin, but this was hysterical and had great music!!!

We watched the Fright Night remake last night. I thought it was decent, but I still prefer the original. Chris Sarandon was just the perfect blend of sexy and scary in the original, Colin Farrell did a pretty good job, but just didn't seem quite able to be as menacing as Sarandon was, with just a simple look and a smirk. I loved the little cameo part Chris Sarandon had, it was a nice nod.

Netflix has this documentary about the Toynbee tiles, which is like a guerrilla art project a few decades old. Really, really interesting. The title of the film is Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles . The film won the Directing Award in the Documentary category at Sundance 2011. IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/

Quote Originally Posted by marleyboy4945 View Post
    Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter. I absolutely loved it. Very well put together, story was actually pretty good and not choppy. I have not read the book but I thought the movie was freaking epic. I did watch it in 3D however. Makes Lincoln look like that much more of a hero.
    Abe Lincoln is an epic hero. There is evidence.

Attachment 15897

I watched Stars and Stripes Forever (1952) on TCM the other night. I thought it was okay. Could have been better, though.