Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 189

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 189 of 287 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Magic Mike - warning, chaps, don't see this in a cinema full of women
    Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World - bittersweet romatic comedy, surprisingly touching
    Ice Age: Continental Drift - good, but more of the same
    Killer Joe - brilliantly acted sleazy crime drama with black comedy element: adults only

I've been on a Chris Nolan bender, lately. After watching The Dark Knight Rises (one of the best movies I've ever seen, btw) I bought a blu-ray pack of Chris Nolan films. I watched Memento and, man oh man, what an amazing movie. It is a tripped out movie told in reverse chronological order about a guy with short term memory loss. Excellent flick. Some people might not be able to keep up with it or might not like the way the story is told, but I LOVED it.

I figure that next up is Inception. I still haven't seen it yet.

Then I'll have to track down Following because it didn't come in the blu-ray movie pack.

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas (a cult classic that has Depp giving a career-best performance as Hunter S. Thompson, Benicio Del Toro did pretty well as Oscar Zeta Acosta even though it hurt his career)
    Collision Course (from 1989 with Jay Leno & Pat Morita, turned out to be pretty good)
    American Wedding (not the best in the franchise but the unrated version is lightyears better than the theatrical version)
    Trading Places (one of the best movies that Akroyd, Murphy, & Landis are associated with)
    Fast Times At Ridgemont High (hard to believe I just now seen this for the first time)

Watched "Mama Mia" again a couple of days ago - love that movie and the music!

Kick-Ass. We saw it in the $8 Blu-Ray bin and figure, "Why not?" It was pretty good, if a tad violent. But it's comic-book-style violence. The only thing annoying was Nick Cage - dude, could you chew the scenery any harder?

Nightmare on Elm Street and Cheaper by the dozen. Yesterday I also
    watched Intruders with my friend. That was a pretty scary horror/thriller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    Watched "Mama Mia" again a couple of days ago - love that movie and the music!
    I'm not alone!! My sister-in-law and some of our mutual female friends regularly descend on our home for an evening of Mamma Mia and something boozy.

Last movies I watched:

The Wolf Man - The classic Universal one, I'm on a kick for the classics right now, we're watching one every Sunday. My kids are climbing the walls and howling still.
    The Muppet Movie - The latest one, it was a free screening at the library with animal crackers, who could resist??
    The Rocketeer - LOVE this movie, but it was only on to keep the kids at bay while the adults worked on grown up stuff.

The last movie I watched was The Dark Knight Rises, and what a great end to the trilogy that movie was. The ending had me in tears! Such an awesome movie.

Wrath Of The Titans: okay, could have used more story.
    Spiderman: Good, interesting twists to the story.
    The Dark Knight Rises: Good, enjoyed it, but the crowded audience of the first night showing was distracting.

I watched "Attack The Block" last night and really enjoyed it. A fun twist on the alien invasion genre, they made it local and the people of the community fought the aliens instead of waiting for the authorities to do it for them.