Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 204

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 204 of 287 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

The Amazing Spiderman - I didn't expect it to be so good. I'm not really sure why they needed to go back to the beginning again so soon after the first Tobey Maguire version just a few years ago. My only complaint is that much of the movie is familiar from the Tobey Maguire version. But, I really did like the way they made Spiderman seem a little more like an unpredictable teenager in this one. The actor that played Spiderman is 29 years old so I'm not sure how many more of these he has left. How long can you play a 17 year old?

Superman Returns - I skipped this one a few years ago because I was sure I wouldn't like it. I was wrong, it's very good. It picks up after Superman has been gone for a few years and returns to Earth. Kevin Spacey is magnificent and mean as hell as Lex Luthor.

i was excited for supes, back in the day...loved the way singer very much channeled the 'feeling' of a donner flick...my only wish was that they had come up with something very different for luthor to do: the story, itself, was too similar to his first bout...back-in-the-day

the new one looks interesting..still...it appears, once more, we get another 'origin' story...

just watched the new Conan movie...nice..cheap looking, but nice...better cgi than spiderman...jason momoa was quite a pleasant surprise...but i feel they went with a rather lame script...felt more like a tv movie than a sweeping, gigantic saga...like the first arnie had, way back in the mists of time....

carrie...the original, depalma vers....forgot how really good this one is...the new one will have to try very hard to be better...just tons of daring choices made throughout...a very adult take and all did excellent: one of the best king adaptions ever

in bruges...wow ! what a cool little film...i'd heard alot about it, kept passing on it...wish i hadn't...every scene had some sort of surprise: whether it was the way the actors portrayed thier characters, or the script...it just kept dancing and flitting about like a prize fighter, daring you to see were it might dash to next...great little movie

21 Jump Street - hilarious. I never saw the TV show but I don't think the TV show was a comedy. The filmmakers take the premise of the show (cops going undercover in high school) and made a very funny comedy out of it. Johnny Depp makes a hilarious cameo also. Here is a great line from the movie that will tell you all you need to know:

The police Captain is explaining to the two detectives going undercover what the operation is:

"We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle sh*t from the past and hope that nobody will notice."
    Anything where Jonah Hill is involved in the writing is usually very funny. And like every other Jonah Hill movie, this is not for the kids.

fljoe---21 Jumpstreet the show was actually pretty funny as well. (or maybe that is just how I remember it because I was a young teenager smitten with Johnny Depp. )

We watched War Horse this last weekend, and it was excellent. I loved it.

Last night, watched one called Thin Ice, with Greg Kinnear and Alan Arkin...it was pretty good, too. The ending was excellent, made the whole movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    fljoe---21 Jumpstreet the show was actually pretty funny as well. (or maybe that is just how I remember it because I was a young teenager smitten with Johnny Depp. )
    That reminds me of a funny story. When 21 Jump Street was on, I never saw the show and had no idea who Johnny Depp was. Early in Johnny's career, Johnny was cast in the John Waters movie, Crybaby. Anyway, I wanted to see the new John Waters movie and I went to the theater by myself one rainy Saturday afternoon to see it. I think I just happened to be there on the opening weekend. So anyway, I had no idea who Johnny was or how popular he was or who he was popular with, I just wanted to see the new John Waters movie. I found myself in a theater full of smitten teenage girls who were all yelling at the screen every time he was on. I felt really weird when I realized I was this lone 30 year old guy in the middle of all of these teenage girls. I got very self conscious that I looked like some kind of pervert.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I think I can call this part my favorite, I really enjoyed re-watching it, I was laughing out loud at Jack Sparrow's jokes, he is really awesome

The Apparition. Though I did not really like it when I watched it in the movies for the first time, this time I liked it better. I guess it is the kind of movie that is better to watch at home. There is nothing absolutely new in the movie, but it is still pretty creepy.

Watched Session 9 over the weekend......I think I liked it. It's one of those that I'll have to watch again to be sure.

Also watched the 2011 remake of Footloose with my daughter......It was fun

Cowboys and Aliens - Not great but I thought it was a fun movie. It really is a pretty conventional western story where the town has to muster courage to fight the bad guys except the bad guys are aliens.

Christmas Vacation, the Mistle-Tones (which I blame Entertainment Weekly for making me watch, though it's really just cheesy awesomeness), and Here Comes Santa Claus.

We had a Christmas movie marathon at my house yesterday.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises. What a wonderful end to the trilogy!! Fantastic story and acting all around!