This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 205 of 287 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Watched Session 9 over the weekend......I think I liked it. It's one of those that I'll have to watch again to be sure.
    I loved Session 9, Sundrop! Definitely watch some of the deleted scenes, they had plans to go in an entirely different direction.

Last theatrical movie I saw was The Hobbit, which I thought was awesome.

The Hobbit is a children's tale so my expectations for it, in comparison to the LOTRs, were modulated accordingly. From that perspective I found The Hobbit a wonderful adventure story.

I did it in HFR and recommend anyone that is planning to, adjust your expectations. 48fps brings a whole new paradigm to theater viewing. This is akin to going from silent movies to talkies or from B&W movies to color. Don't go in treating it as a HD version of a movie because you will assuredly be disappointed, distracted, and probably leave the theater downright disliking it.

Rather go in with the mindset that you are seeing a live performance with all the attendant bells and whistles that a movie brings. The clarity is startling. I treated it like seeing a play and the level of immersion was something I have never experienced in a movie theater.

There are occasional moments of seemingly sped up motion but they were very rare and never took me out of the picture.

I must reiterate the level of immersion was fantastic. I walked away from my HFR viewing feeling not like I had watched The Hobbit but that I had lived it.

A fantastic experience.

I will be doing a regular 2D viewing for comparison but right now I am very eager to see other films in this new format.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I loved Session 9, Sundrop! Definitely watch some of the deleted scenes, they had plans to go in an entirely different direction.

Last theatrical movie I saw was The Hobbit, which I thought was awesome.
    Cool info, FF! I'll check it out

The most recent movie I have watched that I had not already seen was Dark Shadows. I didn't love or hate it, it just left me needing more. I had not watched the 1970's series nor did I watch the 1990's attempt to bring the series back so maybe that would have helped if I had more of a back-story. A little cheesy for my tastes and probably not one I will re-watch but ~meh~ like I said, I didn't hate it.

Yesterday I watched Pulse (2006). I was really disappointed. I was so excited to see the movie after I watched the trailer, but the movie turned out to be not so good in the end, it is not scary at all, and it does not arise any emotions, just a usual movie, the kind you forget about right after watching it.

Christmastime for me includes three movies: It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol (1951, with Alistair Sim), and Miracle on 34th Street (1947, with Maureen O'Hara). I've watched 34th Street... only so far this year; the others don't seem to be broadcast as frequently in recent years.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Prometheus - Despite it's flaws, I really liked it

This is kind of a prequel to Alien. Ridley Scott directed this and like all of Ridley's movies, it looks great. The problem is that this is an intelligent story with really dumb scientist characters. The scientists seemed to skip "Contamination 101" in school. If you can look past the stupid scientists, it's a good flick.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Midnight In Paris - Superb. This is the best Woody Allen movie in years and one of his very best. Ever since Woody got too old to be in his movies, he still writes a part for himself he just uses a different actor to play it. Most of the time, you can pick the character out because it looks like someone doing a Woody Allen impersonation. For this movie, Owen Wilson plays the Woody character and does a better job than anyone has done in that part.

The story is about a screen writer (Owen) and his fiance visiting Paris. The screen writer considers himself to be a hack and wants to try something more meaningful and is working on a novel. He is very unsure of himself and his talents. He is walking one night in Paris and discovers a rabbit hole where he is transported back to the 20's and finds himself hanging out with Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Picaso and all the other famous artists from that period. That's all I'm going to tell you - see it!

A Christmas Carol.......this is a tradition with me. I've seen many versions, but the one starring George C. Scott is my favorite.

Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.....also a tradition. This a hilarious movie.... and for me, it never gets old.

"Bad Santa" with Billy Bob Thornton, which has now been added to the Annual Christmas viewing traditions in our house.
    A very funny, but irreverent story of an alcoholic department story Santa. It's a great film but not suitable for anyone easily offended by strong language, or sexual content.

Next up is Alistair Sim in "Christmas Carol", followed by "It's A Wonderful Life", but only if it snows!
    Which here in the UK is looking highly unlikely this year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!