Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 206

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 206 of 287 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

I haven't had much time for Christmas movie watching. My boss has me stuck on night shift the whole week before Christmas so I've only gotten two Christmas films in. The first was the 1938 version of Christmas Carol. Not my favorite, but it's okay. The other was the 1951 version with Alastair Sim and that movie is my fave even though I really like the George C Scott version. Maybe Sunday or Monday night I can get in Christmas Vacation. It'd be a shame not to watch that.

I have to get in a viewing of A Nightmare Before Christmas!!!!

I had to watch Home Alone 1 and Home Alone 2 before Christmas.

I got some good movies for Christmas including a five pack of Marlon Brando movies. I cracked that open last night and watched Julius Caesar. Brando is barely in it until the final hour of the movie, but he certainly made the most of his screen time. Good stuff.

I got 3 movies for Christmas presents. I watched the remake of Total Recall last night, and enjoyed it. They changed the setting and circumstances a little but the base story is the same. I don't generally watch movies just because it stars an attractive actress, but having 2 of the hotest in the industry, definitely helped overcome whatever other flaws I may have normally noticed.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Drive - with Ryan Gosling.

Very good. It is not the kind of movie I was expecting. Just from the title and trailers I saw, it looked more like a non-stop action movie but it is a more of a slow burner that heats up in the last half. It's more a character driven flick and has some awesome performances like Bryan Cranston's.

Ryan Gosling is one of those actors that chooses his parts well (at least to my taste). It seems like every movie that he is in is very good.

Recently I've watched two movies:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. It was good to watch it again, Jack Sparrow always makes me laugh, he is great. And the movie is one of my favorites.

2. Grave Encounters. First time viewing. It turned out to be a great movie, I loved it so much... It looks a lot like Paranormal Activity, but in fact, it is even better, they managed to take all the best features of such horror movies and they made a great new movie. Besides, it really made me scared, which is not so simple... I will definitely watch it again.

Les Miserables

Pretty good; not really like any other movie I've ever seen. (I'm no expert on musicals, though, so maybe the approaches used in this one have been used before and I just don't know it.) I definitely enjoyed it.

There's a full-on Andy Dufresne scene I wasn't expecting, though. Guh-ross...!

loved 'drive' good mention, there: wasn't albert brooks kinda amazing

'the dark knight rises'

ummmmm...i kinda wished he hadn't...not a fan...loved the first one...and the second ??? whew !! great movie...but one made althemuch better by one of the great acting bits of all time: heath ledgers joker is one massively fine performance by anyone, anywhere, anytime...

nothing so much like any of that here...i was pretty much bored by it all...and the twistyturny plot ??? yawn....this one was a pretentious as a mahler symphony but without any of the intelligence to back it all up

and bane ??? bane of my movie existence is more like it...

i won't go so far as saying i wasted nearly 3 hours of my life...but, the fact that my brother got it for christmas...all i had to do was make like a bad droog and prop me eyes all openlike with toothpicks or such...or, at least that's what if felt like a'times....either way, i'm glad i didn't plunk down some hard earned pesos to view it...i woulda been p.o.'d if i'd payed through the nose to see it in the theatre...

infuriating mess

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    loved 'drive' good mention, there: wasn't albert brooks kinda amazing

'the dark knight rises'

ummmmm...i kinda wished he hadn't...not a fan...loved the first one...and the second ??? whew !! great movie...but one made althemuch better by one of the great acting bits of all time: heath ledgers joker is one massively fine performance by anyone, anywhere, anytime...

nothing so much like any of that here...i was pretty much bored by it all...and the twistyturny plot ??? yawn....this one was a pretentious as a mahler symphony but without any of the intelligence to back it all up

and bane ??? bane of my movie existence is more like it...

i won't go so far as saying i wasted nearly 3 hours of my life...but, the fact that my brother got it for christmas...all i had to do was make like a bad droog and prop me eyes all openlike with toothpicks or such...or, at least that's what if felt like a'times....either way, i'm glad i didn't plunk down some hard earned pesos to view it...i woulda been p.o.'d if i'd payed through the nose to see it in the theatre...

infuriating mess
    I won't argue with you about it but I couldn't disagree more, I absolutely loved The Dark Knight Rises. Tom Hardy's Bane comes in a close second to Ledger's Joker.