This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 207 of 287 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

We rented Ted.

We watched Sinister and boy did it make me jump! ( I swear I was out of the chair more than I was in it) This movie is on par with Insidious as far as creepiness goes!! I'd say it is one of the better scary movies.

We watched We Bought a Zoo. What a nice, sweet movie. I liked it a lot, for some reason I wasn't expecting to enjoy it. The red kites made the waterworks come on.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Bernie - Jack Black and Shirley Maclaine

Black comedy supposedly based on a true story. Jack Black is perfect for this.

I watched two very good indie movies - Lbs. and Sleepwalk with Me.

I recommend both but especially Sleepwalk with Me. And if you like This American Life on NPR you HAVE to watch SWM.

A friend rented 'The Hunger Games' for New Year's Eve for us to watch (I don't go out anywhere on New Year's Eve!!). All I can say is I'm glad I didn't rent it. It was just okay, IMO. The sets and costumes all looked too 'new' to me, like they had just threw everything hastily together and called it good. I haven't read any of the books myself, so didn't really know what to expect. Plotline is good tho, reminds me of 'The Long Walk' for some reason. Those who have read the books, are they like the 'Harry Potter' books where each volume matures from being a kid's book to an adult one?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Those who have read the books, are they like the 'Harry Potter' books where each volume matures from being a kid's book to an adult one?
    They certainly get more depressing but I feel like they're all pretty mature.

Men in Black 3 - My dad got me this for Christmas. Oddly enough, I also remember him getting me the first Men in Black movie when it came out on VHS. I rather enjoyed MIB 3 and Josh Brolin is pretty darn good in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Les Miserables

Pretty good; not really like any other movie I've ever seen. (I'm no expert on musicals, though, so maybe the approaches used in this one have been used before and I just don't know it.) I definitely enjoyed it.

There's a full-on Andy Dufresne scene I wasn't expecting, though. Guh-ross...!
    Oh yeah that sewer crawl almost made me . I liked this movie a lot. I have seen the musical on stage a few times and loved it so I knew what to expect. Some parts were better on the big screen and some parts were not. I thought all the actors did okay but some were better than others.

hey, DLS...glad you liked it...

this makes the second time tom hardy has taken on a villain role in a movie i really wanted to like...and dropped the ball totally...

star trek nemesis, anyone ??

still...i won't give up on the guy...george miller has tapped him to play/recreate mad max in his new movie, so there may be hope for the guy to finally get it right

but comparing hardys bane to ledgers joker ??? can't see it...the whole world is not talking about hardy/bane (or this movie) like they still do ledgers creative leap and inventive take...can't see hardy recieving any across-the-board kudos or nominations for best acting like ledgers performance drew...

but, to each his own...glad to know i may actually be wrong