This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 210 of 287 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre as 3D Wow what a movie and too see it as 3D did it even more scary.
    Really? I was really disappointed by the 3D effects, or should I say the lack of effects. And the acting was absolutely atrocious. I had high hopes for this movie and felt let down. The guy sitting next to me was fun to listen to, though, he kept screaming and asking his friend if he could go sit in the car because he was f'ing scared! Whereas I was sitting asking my friend when they were going to start killing people in interesting ways. Nowt as queer as folk.

Anyhoo, we went to see Les Miserables on Saturday, absolutely amazing movie! Worth seeing if only for Anne Hathaway's performance of 'I Dreamed a Dream'...no other version will ever compare now. She made me cry.

Just watched Gangster Squad. I thought it was a nice throwback gesture to the old James Cagney style mob movies. It also smacked of The Untouchables (but with more attractive actors). I was entertained. B+

Saw Lawless and All Good Things this weekend. Thought both were very good. Recommend both. Both are based on true stories.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

I loved this one and the previous Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey. If you're a Sherlock Holmes purist, go into these films with an open mind because these movies are very unconventional adaptations. These are action flicks and they are a lot of fun. Just don't expect Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's version.

Has anyone seen the BBC Sherlock Holmes series? There was a preview for it on the blu-ray I watched and it looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

I loved this one and the previous Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey. If you're a Sherlock Holmes purist, go into these films with an open mind because these movies are very unconventional adaptations. These are action flicks and they are a lot of fun. Just don't expect Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's version.

Has anyone seen the BBC Sherlock Holmes series? There was a preview for it on the blu-ray I watched and it looks really good.
    We watched the BBC series. It was good even though it was in a modern day setting. Cumberbatch really has the attitude down pat and the stories adapt really well. Possibly not for purists, but we liked it.

Went to Lincoln this weekend. My head still hurts. Talk, talk talk... I thought I'd enjoy it but the political speak had me snoozing 15 minutes into the movie. I had enough of that last fall...

I watched the possession. I found it scary, but not in the jump out of your seat way that I found sinister scary. I also knew the story going in.

If any of you have seen My Ghost Story, the story of the Dybbuk Box? It is based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by gmccune2 View Post
    I finally watched Justin Timberlake's "In Time." Thought it was pretty good. Very creative and creepy.
    I agree. I am not much of a Timberlake fan, but he was a very positive surprise in this movie. The story is fascinating and the actors are great - I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I watched the possession. I found it scary, but not in the jump out of your seat way that I found sinister scary. I also knew the story going in.

If any of you have seen My Ghost Story, the story of the Dybbuk Box? It is based on that.
    I really enjoyed The Possession, it didn't scare me but it was a decent story, and had very good acting.

I've not seen My Ghost Story but am aware of the Dybbuk Box story, and have seen that re-enacted in a documentary. I would actually like to see a movie based more around what the people experienced in real life rather than a Hollywood version loosely based on that story, like this movie was.

For a Justin Timberlake, and Dwayne Johnson acting surprise, watch Southland Tales... this is the way the world ends, it's pretty bizarre Gus!