This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 213 of 287 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Zero Dark Thirty. I enjoyed it and thought it did a good job of showing how it all worked and how a tenacious attitude could pay off.

Not a movie, but excellent documentary (in regards to what is going on primarily here locally where I live and also the world) that should be required viewing... "FrackNation." Watched it last night on Mark Cuban's AXS channel last night (it's being shown again Saturday at noon). Riveting content, although too much focus on local farmers. About cheap, safe, environmentally friendly, and abundant energy that could help with world energy needs for hundreds of years... being stopped, curtailed and held up... by decisions based on lies. Interesting also how the documentary was made using funds from average people through Kickstarter. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I started watching V/H/S last night. While I have no issue with typical "found" footage movies, this one was WAY too jerky. I thought I was going to get a migraine. I thought some of the stories were vaguely interesting but the build ups were too long and there were way to many douche-bag guys.
    I fancied going to see this tonight...I still might.

Went to see The Impossible last night. Friends who have seen it told me to take plenty of tissues because it is an emotional blubfest from beginning to end, and they guaranteed my eyeballs would leak. They didn't. It was an okay movie, made even better by the presence of Ewan McGregor. The best tsunami scene I have seen was in Hereafter, and with this movie being based around the tsunami I expected it to outshine Hereafter's scene but it didn't. Still a good movie though, and I do recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    I watched the 1962 version of Mutiny on the Bounty. I've heard lots of bad reviews of the movie, but I really ended up enjoying it. Of course, I've never seen any of the other versions of this story so I can't say if this is better or worse than the famous 1935 version. But then I'm not too concerned if it is or isn't. The 1962 version is a good movie in its own right.
    There is a 1984 version with Mel Gibson and Anthony Hopkins that is not too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I fancied going to see this tonight...I still might.
    I really hope you didn't. My husband and I couldn't even be bothered to finish it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I really hope you didn't. My husband and I couldn't even be bothered to finish it last night.
    Remember what I did when you told me not to read Fifty Shades of Grey?

I'll let you know what I think of VHS later, baby!

I watched Finding Rin Tin Tin with my girls ( 2007) It is a cute family movie!!...Next, I think it will be Les Miserables or Mama.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Just finished watching Misery on Blu-ray. What a great Movie! Kathy Bates deserved her Oscar for her performance!
    Yes, Sir!Kathy Bates was excellent in Misery!

I have been fixated on The Mist lately. Watched it three times in the last week! I thought for sure Marcia Gay Harding would at least be nominated for her portrayal of Mrs. Carmody. Marcia/Carmody were the extra in The Mist. I thought, "Wow! Two Oscars for Stephen King characters!" ( I think the Oscar people can be a little snooty when it comes to *horror* movies. JMO.)

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Remember what I did when you told me not to read Fifty Shades of Grey?

I'll let you know what I think of VHS later, baby!
    HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Yes, Sir!Kathy Bates was excellent in Misery!

I have been fixated on The Mist lately. Watched it three times in the last week! I thought for sure Marcia Gay Harding would at least be nominated for her portrayal of Mrs. Carmody. Marcia/Carmody were the extra in The Mist. I thought, "Wow! Two Oscars for Stephen King characters!" ( I think the Oscar people can be a little snooty when it comes to *horror* movies. JMO.)

Peace.
    I really like The Mist because the creators were nearly 100% faithful to the book, because the special effects were truly terrifying and precisely how I'd visualized in the book, because the creatures they created were exceptionally well-conceived, and for others reasons I'm sure. Oh yeah, the entire pharmacy sequence was beautifully conceived and executed and absolutely horrifying--just like in the book. The Mist is my second favorite sK Hollywood production after Misery.