Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 214

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 214 of 287 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I really like The Mist because the creators were nearly 100% faithful to the book, .
    I read this, like, 50 times before I saw the word "nearly." I thought maybe we had watched different movies!

I liked the Mist. I told my son to watch it, he and a couple of his buddies from his high football team watched it. I think their description was "intense but depressing". They enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I really hope you didn't. My husband and I couldn't even be bothered to finish it last night.
    It was a strange little movie, with far too many stories, the makers obviously chose quantity over quality.

It saddens me that movies like this are classed as "horror"...will anybody ever make a good horror movie again?!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    It was a strange little movie, with far too many stories, the makers obviously chose quantity over quality.

It saddens me that movies like this are classed as "horror"...will anybody ever make a good horror movie again?!
    Told you.

Just sayin', maybe it's about time you listened to good old Shasta.....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    ...will anybody ever make a good horror movie again?!
    \

You know, that is a very good question. Sitting here reading this I am trying to think of a truly good horror movie that has come out in recent years and I'm having some trouble. You really don't get good horror from the major Hollywood studios anymore because they're mostly just interested in churning out remakes to make a quick buck, and the few originals they do produce are pretty limp. Independent films are the way to go because you're getting films made by people who passionate about the genre. But you still have to search through a lot of junk to find the good stuff. Really, the movies that I've enjoyed the most recently that are classified as horror are actually as much comedy as horror. Here's a few movies that I've really enjoyed in recent months and would recommend to anyone:

I Sell The Dead - An enjoyable little horror/comedy about grave robbers. Reminded me a bit of my beloved 1960's Hammer films
    Suck - A Canadian rock and roll horror comedy about vampires. Quite funny and even has some good music in it, as well as cameos from several notable rock music persons. Also has Malcolm McDowell which
    is always a plus.
    Burke and Hare - Based on a pair of historically famous grave robbers, starring Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis. A nice little black comedy that is also quite Hammer like. Directed by John Landis who shows
    that he hasn't lost his touch.
    Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Hilarious slasher film parody. Loved it.
    The Cottage - Slasher film and black comedy with Andy Serkis. Quite amusing.

Have any of you seen these films? I would recommend these highly, but as I said, they are as much comedies as horror. As for a straight out and out good horror film, I'm drawing a blank.

Just remembered, I loved The Woman In Black. Very good film. Great atmosphere, and it's the only movie in a good long while that has actually given me the creeps. And when the opening credits were going on and I saw that it was a Hammer Films production I got a little teary eyed.

I watched 5 movies at the weekend:

1. Silent Hill: Revelation. Watched this movie in the theater two months ago, now finally re-watched it. Well, my opinion has not changed, they could have made it much, much better, considering how much noise they were making over it.

2. The Butterfly Effect. Great movie, makes me think about the things I would like to change in the past sometimes, and after watching the movie I realize that things go the way they should, if anything is changed in the past, it may involve absolutely unpredictable things in the present. Every trifle leaves a mark on our lives, and every trifle is as important. Wonderful movie.

3. Paranormal Activity 4. I thought it would be worse, given that I did not really like the third part. But this one is rather good. It is not as scary as the first one, but it is not bad. Sure, nothing is perfect, some things in it could be better, but that's okay the way it is.

4. Veronica Decides to Die. Good movie, makes me think about the meaning of life itself.

5. Dead Silence. Very quality horror movie, it is really scary, creepy and terrifying. And the story itself is very interesting, really worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Yes, Sir!Kathy Bates was excellent in Misery!

I have been fixated on The Mist lately. Watched it three times in the last week! I thought for sure Marcia Gay Harding would at least be nominated for her portrayal of Mrs. Carmody. Marcia/Carmody were the extra in The Mist. I thought, "Wow! Two Oscars for Stephen King characters!" ( I think the Oscar people can be a little snooty when it comes to *horror* movies. JMO.)

Peace.
    Yeah, I agree about Marcia Gay Harden- just her scene, when she's in the bathroom praying and the other lady walks in on her, alone is one of the best examples of fine acting at it's best! She certainly scared the crap out of me! She made the character of Carmody as scary as what was outside in the mist and she didn't go over the top to do it!

Latest movies I saw:

White Squall- directed by Ridley Scott with a cast of mostly unknowns (at the time) and all put in great performances. Jeff Bridges is the star and he is always good. I picked up a bluray copy for only $2 at a used bookstore and couldn't pass it up. Saw this years ago and even tho I knew where it was headed it was still a good movie!

Marvin's Room- starring Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton and a young Leonardo DiCaprio. A very good heart-warming movie that disappeared from the theaters quickly, not because of it's actors but more for the storyline. Meryl plays a single Mom of two boys who must return to her home that she left over 20 years ago to help take care of her invalid (God, I hate that word!) Dad and her sister who has just found out that she has leukemia. For such a sad subject matter, there is alot of humor in it. Great acting by all!

I recently watched "The Watch", Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughan. This was so dumb! I was disappointed in all of the crude humour that was completely uncalled for. I am not a prude by any means but it was a cheap attempt at laughs. I love Ben and Vince, this was way below their standards.