Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 217

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 217 of 287 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Saw Mama last night -- a pretty decent horror film. The performances they get out of two very young girls is amazing.
    Thanks for the recommendation Bev, saw the trailer for this last night so will definitely check it out when it's released. Well, I say "saw" the trailer, which isn't really true. If I know I definitely want to watch a movie I never look at the trailers--and usually block my ears--so as not to ruin anything when I actually watch the movie. Cuckoo, but it works for me.

Anyhoo, watched Movie 43 last night...hmmm. Didn't really like it, but some parts were okay. I know I won't ever look at Hugh Jackman the same way again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Oh yeah, totally agree! Sometimes I just want to scream at her- 'Why can't you smile???? You have the whole world in the palm of your hand and you can't smile???'

Alien, on Blu Ray. Amazing how it still packs a punch after all these years. The Blu Ray version is gorgeous too.

Well, I finished up the Godfather Trilogy last night. The Godfather Part III was essentially how I remembered it. Entertaining and decent enough in its own right, but nowhere near up to the standards of the first two. But then there are few films out there that really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Anyhoo, watched Movie 43 last night...hmmm. Didn't really like it, but some parts were okay. I know I won't ever look at Hugh Jackman the same way again, though.
    Movie 43 has received some of the worst reviews I've ever read. Roeper gave it zero stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Movie 43 has received some of the worst reviews I've ever read. Roeper gave it zero stars.
    I can understand why. I didn't know what it was about beforehand, my friend told me it was a comedy and looked funny. It's not!

I re-watched The Upside of Anger yesterday with Joan Allen, Kevin Costnar. It's a good examination of what anger can do to us. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Did anyone happen to go see Hansel and Gretel this past weekend? I was wondering if it was any good.
    My wife wanted to see it. The special affects are good, story is "okay", directing and writing are "fair". Definitely had potential to be better. But if you want a mild sided horror flick (my wife does not read anything scary, and rarely watches a scarey movie), it's a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    My wife wanted to see it. The special affects are good, story is "okay", directing and writing are "fair". Definitely had potential to be better. But if you want a mild sided horror flick (my wife does not read anything scary, and rarely watches a scarey movie), it's a good choice.
    Thanks. I'll check it out. I thought it looked like it might be pretty good, but I'm always wary of movies of that type that are released at this time of year. I'm always thinking to myself that if was as spectacular as they want you to believe it is then they would have released it in the summer.

I watched The Uninvited. Really great movie, it is a good horror and also a great drama.