This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 218 of 287 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Watch two movies this weekend- an oldie- Casablanca, and the Ninth Gate.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The Hustler (1961) - A really great movie with terrific performances from Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason, George C Scott and Piper Laurie. I had seen this a long time ago but probably just on regular TV. I rented the blu-ray and gave it a proper viewing. One of the best films ever, everyone should see this one.

The blu-ray has some very interesting behind the scenes stuff and a couple documentaries on the movie plus an A&E Biography show on Paul Newman.

Watched 'Children On Their Birthdays' starring Sheryl Lee (yes, I love her and she played Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks), Christopher McDonald and Tom Arnold (can't stand him!). It's a nice little family movie about two twelve year old boys growing up in the late '50's in a small town and how, when a beautiful new girl arrives, her arrival effects the boys and eventually the entire town. Good movie and one you can watch with kids!

I just watched 'The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu', a very entertaining low budget indie horror/comedy, about the last living relative of H.P. Lovecraft who finds it's his destiny to save the world. Quite funny.

I watched Django Unchained and Seven psychopaths this weekend. Loved both of them.
    Seven psychopaths has a lot of twists and turns, the actors are great and the story is just strange and unusual.
    Django Unchained was also wonderful, Tarantino hasn't disappointed me yet.

Also watched Flight, which I did not enjoy much, I found it hard to understand what the filmmakers were trying to tell me/make me feel/educate me about. And I was not really convinced by Denzel Washington (which is rare, usually he does such a good job)

Watched Scarface (1983) last night. I think I'll give the original Scarface (1932) a watch tonight. It's been a while since I've seen that one.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

King Of California - Michael Douglas

Why is it the small independent films seem to have the market cornered on dysfunctional family stories? Anyway, this is another one but it is an excellent flick. Michael Douglas really shines in this part. Michael's character has been away in a mental facility for a couple years and reunites with his 17 year old daughter when he gets out. He has been reading about a lost treasure buried in California and is determined to track it down. Is he crazy? You have to see the movie to find out.

The Hangover 2

I watched the original version of Scarface last night. The main character played by Paul Muni is named Tony Camonte (not Tony Montana) and is essentially the fictional stand-in for Al Capone. For those who have never seen this version... if you can sort of adjust to the stereotypical portrayal of Italians who "talk-a-like-a-this-a" and the frequent use of the word "see?" after each sentence then you'll see this movie for the granddaddy of gangster films it is. Classic.

Saw Lincoln. Very intense, very talky a little claustrophobic. Enjoyed it, but might not be everyones cup of tea.