Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 220

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 220 of 287 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

I watched Battleship with my 13 year old grandson. It was a lot of fun watching it with a kid that age.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I saw "Goon" with Seann William Scott.

What a surprise, this movie was very good and funny. It's about a good old fashion hockey goon. For those of you who don't know what a goon is, they are the guys on the hockey team that are there to protect the stars. They can't play hockey very well but they can bust heads when they are called upon to do so. WARNING - this movie is pretty bloody and violent for a comedy (kind of like hockey). Also there is a lot of bad language (like at a hockey game).

One of my favorite under-rated funny guys, Jay Baruchuel is hilarious in this. He is also one of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    I watched "Seven Psychopaths" this weekend. Not a bad flick but I was a bit disappointed. It looked like more of a comedy in previews, in the vein of "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels." However, almost all the funny parts were shown in the previews.
    This is why I always try to avoid trailers/reviews...they build up people's expectations too much. I didn't know what to expect when I went into Seven Psychopaths and thought it was one of the best original movies I've seen in a long time. Sam Rockwell was on top form, as were Walken and Colin Farrell.

Watched 'The Green Mile' on Bluray last night. Wonderful, wonderful movie! Had to grab the box of Kleenex again, tho.......

I recently read the Ross MacDonald novel, "The Moving Target" and thought it was excellent. I discovered that there was a 1966 movie called "Harper" starring Paul Newman that was based on the novel so I decided to check it out.

This is worth seeing. Paul Newman is great as Lew Harper (changed from Archer). This movie is a pretty faithful adaptation of the book. Shelly Winters is really good in a rather self depreciating role (I think she liked that kind of role). Anyway, it's an excellent old detective movie. WARNING - Contains lots of weird 1966 dancing

Newman also starred in another MacDonald adaptation called "The Drowning Pool" (1974). I haven't seen that one but plan on searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    This is why I always try to avoid trailers/reviews...
    I try and avoid trailers too. They can be very deceptive. How many times have you seen a serious story portrayed as a comedy in the trailer? Sometimes they even give away part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I recently read the Ross MacDonald novel, "The Moving Target" and thought it was excellent. I discovered that there was a 1966 movie called "Harper" starring Paul Newman that was based on the novel so I decided to check it out.

This is worth seeing. Paul Newman is great as Lew Harper (changed from Archer). This movie is a pretty faithful adaptation of the book. Shelly Winters is really good in a rather self depreciating role (I think she liked that kind of role). Anyway, it's an excellent old detective movie. WARNING - Contains lots of weird 1966 dancing

Newman also starred in another MacDonald adaptation called "The Drowning Pool" (1974). I haven't seen that one but plan on searching for it.
    I haven't seen either of those, but they've been on my radar for a while. If only because it's one of the few instances in which Newman actually returned to a character and because I discovered a long time ago that heavy metal band Drowning Pool named themselves after the movie and I just thought that was a neat name. So i want to see 'em both.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Sometimes they even give away part of the story.
    Most of them do this now, it's almost like watching the full movie! Grrrrr.

I watched Les Miserables--again--because my niece wanted to see it. It was just as good the second time around.

Lo Imposible. Great movie Such a dramatic story... The movie really deserves an Oscar, I hope Naomi Watts who is nominated for her part in this movie will win it this year, she deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    This is why I always try to avoid trailers/reviews...they build up people's expectations too much. I didn't know what to expect when I went into Seven Psychopaths and thought it was one of the best original movies I've seen in a long time. Sam Rockwell was on top form, as were Walken and Colin Farrell.

Unfortunately, in this day and age it is nigh impossible to avoid previews. On dvd you have the luxury of skipping past them, but in a theater you are bombarded with 10-15 minutes of previews before the movie starts. Of course you can close your eyes and put your hands over your ears and make loud noises so you can't hear them, but then they just ask you to leave the theater.