Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 221

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 221 of 287 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Silver linings playbook...

Red Lights.....with Sigourney Weaver and Robert De Niro.....different type of thriller. I liked it

We saw Argo on Friday -- quite good, not the sort of film that one expects to win best picture, though. And, of course, as a Canadian, I have a few issues with the way they glossed over Ken Taylor's part in the whole affair.

We saw Quartet on Saturday and loved it. It's set in a retirement home for former musicians. Stars Maggie Smith, a hilarious Billy Connolly and Michael Gambon. Dustin Hoffman's first gig as a director. Charming.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Who'll Stop The Rain (1978) - Found this on Netflix streaming last night. Nick Nolte is a marine in Vietnam who helps a friend smuggle heroin into the US and the deal goes bad. Nick Nolte is excellent in this. Can't figure out why they named this movie after the Creedence song (the song was prominent in the movie) - the novel it's based on is called "Dog Soldiers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Unfortunately, in this day and age it is nigh impossible to avoid previews. On dvd you have the luxury of skipping past them, but in a theater you are bombarded with 10-15 minutes of previews before the movie starts. Of course you can close your eyes and put your hands over your ears and make loud noises so you can't hear them, but then they just ask you to leave the theater.
    My friend and I just sit and talk--quietly--throughout the trailers so it is possible to avoid them. Quite a few people still talk during the trailers, and are coming into the theatre, so I've never encountered a problem with this, it's only talking throughout the movie that's a big no~no.

Anyhoo, we went to see Mama on Saturday night. Thanks for the recommendation, Bev. I really enjoyed it, decent writing/acting, the two little girls were amazing!

Watched The Fugitive again for about the 5000th time. Sorry, I realize that knowledges does nobody any good at all.

I watched Dark Shadows. (with Johnny Depp) I didn't find it as horrible as everyone said it was!!

I watched The Ninth Gate a couple times on TV lately. Really liked the lead actor. Who is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142688/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I watched The Ninth Gate a couple times on TV lately. Really liked the lead actor. Who is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142688/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1
    Sheesh what is his name again.......Whatever it is, dang is he good looking or what?

I am just kidding, I do like Johnny Depp... I am just not ga ga over him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Lo Imposible. Great movie Such a dramatic story... The movie really deserves an Oscar, I hope Naomi Watts who is nominated for her part in this movie will win it this year, she deserves it!
    Naomi Watts is a very underrated actress! She is great in everything she does. I was really disappointed that she didn't win an Oscar this year!!