Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 223

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 223 of 287 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Tarantino's "Django Unchained".. not bad..a classic Tarantino movie..

Lolita,I haven't seen that movie before and I now know why I avoid to watch it...disgusting behavior.But I must admit that actors did a great job

Jack The Giant Slayer. Lots of special affects and a story that rolls together decently, but nothing spectacular about the dialogue or direction. No memorable lines.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident. I was so looking forward to see the movie... Well, it was nice in the beginning, very well-done. But in the end it got really awful, it was just too much: too much blood, and too much fiction, the creators' imagination was just too big for this movie, as a result they finished by making one of the most disgusting movies I have ever seen.

The Uninvited. I decided to re-watch this movie to see how it is when I know the ending. It is okay, anyway, actors are great, the movie is really shocking... Sure, it is more fun when watching it for the first time, as you do not know the ending.

Planet Terror, and also that Cheech and Chong stage show ... speaking of Tarantino, his influences on the first film are obvious as well as his participation in it's making. Gotta love Rose McGowan and her assault-rifle leg. Jeff Fahe is fun as usual, pulling out of his mixed bag of characters yet another variation.... he's been a washed-up airline pilot on LOST, a serial killer, and in this, a heroic greasy-spoon joint owner. Speaking of LOSTies, Naveen Andrews makes an appearance also, as does Bruce Willis. And singer Fergie too, although she's zombie food right very close to the start, being feasted on by Tarantino and others in the middle of the road late at night.

Then there's Cheech and Chong, and as one of the bonus features you get to see Shelby Chong, Tommy's wife, do her own opening stand-up monologue, a reminder of Tommy's brush with da law over the bongs sold online with his likeness pictured thereupon. Tommy plays guitar on a pot-smokin' blues song as you can imagine would be featured on a show like this, and brings back to recollection the fact that, hey, he's a pretty decent string-slinger. Though Cheech pulls out an acoustic and reprises his Tex-Mex country singer routine, among so many others. And of course he gets into his tutu getup and does "Earache My Eye". Back in the bonus features, Tommy surprisingly says cocaine bad, pot good. The latter I expected, but not the former. All in all a pleasantly smoke-wreathed journey down memory lane.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    Planet Terror, and also that Cheech and Chong stage show ... speaking of Tarantino, his influences on the first film are obvious as well as his participation in it's making. Gotta love Rose McGowan and her assault-rifle leg. Jeff Fahe is fun as usual, pulling out of his mixed bag of characters yet another variation.... he's been a washed-up airline pilot on LOST, a serial killer, and in this, a heroic greasy-spoon joint owner. Speaking of LOSTies, Naveen Andrews makes an appearance also, as does Bruce Willis. And singer Fergie too, although she's zombie food right very close to the start, being feasted on by Tarantino and others in the middle of the road late at night.

Then there's Cheech and Chong, and as one of the bonus features you get to see Shelby Chong, Tommy's wife, do her own opening stand-up monologue, a reminder of Tommy's brush with da law over the bongs sold online with his likeness pictured thereupon. Tommy plays guitar on a pot-smokin' blues song as you can imagine would be featured on a show like this, and brings back to recollection the fact that, hey, he's a pretty decent string-slinger. Though Cheech pulls out an acoustic and reprises his Tex-Mex country singer routine, among so many others. And of course he gets into his tutu getup and does "Earache My Eye". Back in the bonus features, Tommy surprisingly says cocaine bad, pot good. The latter I expected, but not the former. All in all a pleasantly smoke-wreathed journey down memory lane.
    Planet Terror is great.

I saw Cheech and Chong live when I was 18. I think it was right before "Up In Smoke" was released and they were still doing the stage stuff.

@fljoe0... I wish I had gotten to see them up close and personal, this was just a reunion dvd... but cool for alla that... lucky you though....

Superbad - McLovin totally made this movie.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Two Minute Warning (1976) Charleston Heston Spoilers ahead

I ran across this one on netflix streaming. I had never heard of it before. The story is about a sniper at a big football game (aka Super Bowl but they don't call it that in the movie). This movie is so strange because it goes into great detail about the victim's lives and says nothing about the sniper or the motives. You don't know if it's a terrorist, a disgruntled employee or a nut case. They don't even show the sniper except for some quick far off glimpses. This movie is done in "70's disaster movie" style like the Towering Inferno or Poseidon Adventure. The first half of the movie introduces you to all the victims and then they get picked off one by one in the 2nd half. You pretty much know right from the beginning what is going to happen and no reason is ever given. Very odd.
    Last edited by Moderator; March 4th, 2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

A movie about two cops filming thier routine, one for his film class that he's taking, who stumble across a cartel's big surge of drugs and human trafficking. A startlingly heartfelt, humorous, and yes, ultimately depressing tale of gang warfare in the inner-city. "End of Watch."