This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 228 of 287 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

I finally had the chance to see Snow White and the Huntsman. I enjoyed it, but felt that the casting was way off.

I also seen War Horse recently and really liked it. One of those movies that brings a tear to your eye.

The Hobbit is coming out next week, and I really want to see that one. Did not get the chance to see it at the theater. Aww...Martin Freeman is a cutie, and even cuter as a hobbit!

Island in the Sky (1953) - The Duke made a few movies where he was a pilot, but I really liked this one in particular. Of course, this film would later be overshadowed by the Duke's big pilot movie The High and The Mighty... released only one year later and with the same director and production company behind it. But whereas The High and The Mighty was a star-studded disaster flick, Island in the Sky was a stark movie about survival.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    The Departed. I've seen it a couple times now. There are certain things about it I really like, which I know are mostly to Scorsese's credit, but the main one is Wahlberg. I just love the job he did in that role, which imho--and I say it realizing the cast of 1000--stole the show. It's not my favorite Scorsese movie, but it's really well done.
    It isn't often I applaud Mark Wahlberg's acting ability, but that's one of the few times I do. Love that film. Not my favorite Scorsese film either, but it's pretty close.

Oz the Great and Powerful.

Absolutely no point to this movie, at all. I just don't get it. If they wanted to make a new Oz movie why the heck didn't they make a movie version of Wicked? That musical is amazing. Sadly, this movie isn't. Disappointing.

The Rite with Anthony Hopkins and a relatively small part by Rutger Hauer, though his best scene was unfortunately in the deleteds. It was one of the better exorcism movies I've seen in awhile. Worth a second watch...

Since I watched Island in the Sky the other night I figured why not watch The High and The Mighty tonight? I should have known better. This isn't a bad movie, but it is just very difficult to watch a serious movie about an airplane disaster movie with Robert Stack in it. I couldn't stop thinking about Airplane! the entire time I was watching it.

I also seen War Horse recently and really liked it. One of those movies that brings a tear to your eye.
    Oh thank you!! I had forgotten all about the movie war horse!! ( off to the movie store I go) I just rented Rio for my girls, and ended up watching it too....It is a very cute movie!!

Got my dvd of 'Whatever Happened To Baby Jane' (with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford) yesterday and going to watch it tonight! Haven't seen this film in a long time, so it's going to be a treat! I love this movie! 'But ya are, Blanche, ya arrrre in that chair!' Watching Davis sing 'Letter To Daddy' is one of the creepiest scenes ever filmed........

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Got my dvd of 'Whatever Happened To Baby Jane' (with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford) yesterday and going to watch it tonight! Haven't seen this film in a long time, so it's going to be a treat! I love this movie! 'But ya are, Blanche, ya arrrre in that chair!' Watching Davis sing 'Letter To Daddy' is one of the creepiest scenes ever filmed........
    Ooh, this is a brilliant movie...Davis is exceptionally creepy. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    I love Bette Midler. I do. Who saw "The Rose?"

OMG! I loved this movie!

Bette was MAGNIFICENT!

I cried so many times. She was just so wounded...maybe...even broken. But, dahm ...she tried.

"Where are you going...where"s everybody going...."

Peace.
    Last edited by Sigmund; March 14th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.