Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 231

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 231 of 287 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    OZ the great and powerful; it was okay, good affects. I think the movie would have been better with an enthustiastic lead actor, and possibly a director change.
    They originally wanted Robert Downey Jr. and I think he would have added much more snap to the picture, but he passed on it. I don't know how they arrived at the decision to settle on James Franco.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Alien 3 (The Assembly Cut) - A few years ago, I bought Alien Quadrilogy which is a gigantic box set of the 4 Alien movies plus different versions of the 4 movies (additional footage, etc) and numerous documentaries and supplements. There is no way to sit down and watch all of this at one time, so I pull this set out every once in a while and watch something different from it. The "Assembly Cut" of Alien 3 is very different from the theatrical release and is also about 30 minutes longer than the theatrical release. The movie had many production problems and received a mixed reaction at the time of release. This "Assembly Cut" version fills in some blanks and (changes a few things too) is a little better than the theatrical release. I like this movie. It is nowhere near the classic of the first film but it's a pretty good ride. Many fans were really ticked off about a couple of the characters from the second film not returning but I think it works.

Knight and Day. A very funny movie with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post

They originally wanted Robert Downey Jr. and I think he would have added much more snap to the picture, but he passed on it. I don't know how they arrived at the decision to settle on James Franco.
    Probably cause he was available and cheap??

I just watched Skyfall. Kind of sort of. I have never been a fan of James Bond movies. I wanted to give this one a try. I did fast forward through the sex scenes and the long scenes where bond was arriving at his next destination. It seems to me that 007 would get a lot more accomplished if he weren't mucking about so much. Anyway, despite my best efforts, I enjoyed it. Dang it!

I guess I would recommend it.

Just finished watching 'The Hobbit' on bluray. Pretty decent movie. I tried to read the book way back when but just couldn't get past the first 50 pages or so. After seeing the numerous 'trailers' that were played on tv and cringing about how bad the make-up jobs looked, I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than I thought it would be. I wish Peter Jackson would take on The Dark Tower books!!!!!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Alien Resurrection (Alien 4) - It was so-so. It doesn't usually work when Hollywood starts bringing characters back from the dead for sequels but in this case, it worked very well, at least for a while. I loved the first half of the movie but the second half fell apart.

I finally had the chance to see the Hobbit yesterday, and I loved it! It is a loooong movie, but worth sitting through. My only complaint, a bit too much CGI.

*possible spoilers?*
    I loved the scene with the three trolls, hilarious! And so happy to see Elijah Wood at the beginning, reprising his role as Frodo. I thought it was so cool how they wrote that scene to involve Elijah.

Wish I had seen this one in the theater. Will NOT be missing the next one at the theater though.

Watched Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. wow. disturbing. I can't decide if I want to read the book or not. Just read Offseason. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    I finally had the chance to see the Hobbit yesterday, and I loved it! It is a loooong movie, but worth sitting through. My only complaint, a bit too much CGI.

*possible spoilers?*
    I loved the scene with the three trolls, hilarious! And so happy to see Elijah Wood at the beginning, reprising his role as Frodo. I thought it was so cool how they wrote that scene to involve Elijah.

Wish I had seen this one in the theater. Will NOT be missing the next one at the theater though.
    Ditto on not missing the next one in the theater! Wish I had seen this one while it was still playing but life tends to get in the way of wishes, eh?