Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 238

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 238 of 287 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Miami Vice -

Because this had such a negative reaction when it was released, I have ignored this until now. So I guess count me as one of the few who liked this. I thought it was a good action packed cop thriller. I think why people didn't like it is that it doesn't resemble the TV show except for the title and character names. I think it was the expectations issue that sunk this one. Michael Mann directed this (Heat - Collateral - Manhunter).

One thing I did notice is that this movie takes place in Miami, Columbia, Haiti and Cuba and that the characters are all running through the streets and on beaches fighting crime while wearing jackets and no one sweats. Believe me, if you are running and chasing guys through the streets of Miami in the middle of the day with a jacket on, you are going to sweat.
    Put me in the Chose-Not-To-Watch-This-Because-It-Didn't-Have-Don Johnson-In-It category.
    Yes I did just admit that, I was hott for Don Johnson.
    Even watched some [read: "all"] of his crappy movies... Does anyone remember Return to Macon County?

"Run, run like hell.
    Buy a bus ticket and disappear.
    Change yer name, dye yer hair...
    there ain' nuthin' that'll keep me from you!"
    Or something like that....

I even

wrote him a *cough* fan letter.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory a few days ago. This is probably one of my favorite movies ever....I cannot count how many times I have watched it! As much as I adore Johnny Depp, I highly dislike the remake.
    Gene Wilder is the one and only Willy Wonka! Gene has so many great lines in this film.
    Also Mr. Turkentine, Charlie's teacher, cracks me up everytime.

Just watched last night Faces in the Crowd starring Mila Jovovich

I tried doin Arnie's The Last Stand. At least I tried.

Couldn't do 'er. Skipped out half through.

I TRIED.

I watched Lovely Bones. Heard so much about the movie that I simply could not miss it, as a result I have a very misex feelings about it. On one hand, the movie was done good, actors are great, the story is so dramatic that I cried for half a movie... But still something was missing for me. Maybe, it was lame ending... maybe, something else. Anyway, the movie is worth watching once, but I do not know why so many people told me that it is like one of the greatest movies ever.

Just saw Place Beyond the Pines. Bit of a bum nummer at 2 and a half hours, but very intense. Excellent acting all around. Go see.

Finally saw The Help. Loved, loved, loved the book, but there is something missing (for me) in the movie. I just didn't get the same 'feel' for the characters, and everything (the cars, the houses, the wardrobes) looked so brand-spanking-new! Just didn't gel with me like Fried Green Tomatoes or The Color Purple do.

Of Mice and Men. Just love that movie. Lenny.

Watched Dolan's Cadillac last night. I've actually seen it once before but had to re-watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Finally saw The Help. Loved, loved, loved the book, but there is something missing (for me) in the movie. I just didn't get the same 'feel' for the characters, and everything (the cars, the houses, the wardrobes) looked so brand-spanking-new! Just didn't gel with me like Fried Green Tomatoes or The Color Purple do.
    I still haven't read the book or seen the movie! I really want to read the book, I've heard such great things about it.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~