This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 240 of 287 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Hot Fuzz. Again, last night. Not clever, but very very funny. "Yarp"

House at the End of the Street. In spite of many bad reviews, I really loved the movie, it was so exciting for me to watch it, I enjoyed every second of it.

Apartment 1303 (American version). Here I agree with the reviews, not a very good movie, though I certainly have seen worse. Now thinking of watching the original Japanese movie, they say this one is much better than the remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn the Peanut View Post
    I disagree, that it was unimpressive. I understand where you are coming from in regards to feeling like you have seen it before, it does feel like a few different sci-fi's spliced together in places. However I really enjoyed it and found some of the scenes unsettling, specifically any involving the drones who I found quite creepy.

Its a movie that does look incredible, and I was worried the ending would either not hold up to the rest of the movie and be too anticlimatic, or would be over the top and silly. But I felt it complimented the rest of the film well and made the story well rounded.

It's not the best sci-fi I've ever seen but I found it extremely entertaining to watch and would recommend it to anyone who is a sci-fi fan.
    I thought the movie was enjoyable, a tad slow on pace, some concepts seen before, but presented visually well. Not a knockyour socks off movie, but enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I thought the movie was enjoyable, a tad slow on pace, some concepts seen before, but presented visually well. Not a knockyour socks off movie, but enjoyable.
    Ditto.

Iron Man 3. I did not expect that I would like it so much, but I really did. The movie is awesome, it was so exciting I did not even noticed when two hours passed

The Avengers. Decided to re-watch it after Iron Man, unfortunately I understood that I loved it more when I saw it for the first time.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I found a dvd in the discount bin that was a double feature of Village Of The Damned and Children Of The Damned. I had never seen them but I remember Village of the Damned described in "Hearts In Atlantis" when Ted took the boy (the name escapes me at the moment) to see it. I loved "Village Of The Damned." "Village..." is one of the great 50s-60s era sci-fi / horror flicks. The follow up "Children.Of The Damned" is not too shabby either. I'm not sure I'd call it a sequel because there is no mention of Village at all but it's more like the film makers took the same premise and reworked it into a totally different story. Not as good as Village but still worth seeing.

The kid that played David in "Village Of The Damned" gave one of the creepiest performances I've ever seen by a child.
    Last edited by fljoe0; May 6th, 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added wisdom

I saw Django Unchained last weekend. It was pretty good but went overboard with the

bloodbath
    near the end. I don't mind violence in movies or TV, but it was a bit of overkill, no pun intended.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    I saw Django Unchained last weekend. It was pretty good but went overboard with the

bloodbath
    near the end. I don't mind violence in movies or TV, but it was a bit of overkill, no pun intended.
    I think Tarantino was paying homage to The Wild Bunch with that.

I loved this movie.

Yes, love Django! Sure:

the violence was OTT, but that's Tarantino's style these days.

What rang my bell were the incredible performances (really the only time I ever liked Leo Dicaprio!) and the excellent Quentin dialogue. Top notch, four stars, demands multiple viewings.

As for me, last movie I watched was King Creole (1958). Pre-Army Elvis doin his thang, prettier'n most women, thankeeverymuch. Based (loosely) on Harold Robbin's A Stone For Danny Fisher. I guess.

(and before ye gimme flack for the "prettier'n most women" crack, that was a nod to Quentin's script of True Romance. Just bringin' this post full circle, thankee verah much).

Broken City - Old school film noir (Girl Friday and Detective) blended, in a new way, with action/thriller genre. Worth the time, just to see a modern twist. Allen Hughes directed and he's good.