This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 241 of 287 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Intouchables: A brilliant story. Hilarious, (gut-buster funny) moving, and an all round superbly entertaining movie.
    Thanks M.M for the recommendation.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I watched Iron Man 3 on May 3rd. I caught the 9:00 showing when I had originally intended to catch the 8:00. I knew I was cutting it close, but I didn't think it'd already be sold out. But when I finally got to see the movie (the only available seats were on the front row on the far left corner) I did really enjoy it (even though my neck hurt like a mofo afterwards). It's a great quasi-sequel to The Avengers. Worth the crummy seat I got.

re-watched 1408 with John Cusack. Hadn't seen it since it was released on dvd. Very creepy film!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Intouchables: A brilliant story. Hilarious, (gut-buster funny) moving, and an all round superbly entertaining movie.
    Thanks M.M for the recommendation.
    It is a great movie! I'm glad you enjoyed it Flake!

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I found a dvd in the discount bin that was a double feature of Village Of The Damned and Children Of The Damned. I had never seen them but I remember Village of the Damned described in "Hearts In Atlantis" when Ted took the boy (the name escapes me at the moment) to see it. I loved "Village Of The Damned." "Village..." is one of the great 50s-60s era sci-fi / horror flicks. The follow up "Children.Of The Damned" is not too shabby either. I'm not sure I'd call it a sequel because there is no mention of Village at all but it's more like the film makers took the same premise and reworked it into a totally different story. Not as good as Village but still worth seeing.

The kid that played David in "Village Of The Damned" gave one of the creepiest performances I've ever seen by a child.

Are these older movies and all the kids are blonde?

A lady my mom knows gave me a box full of DVDs and Blurays. One of the blurays was a movie called the Monster Squad. I had never even heard of it, so I checked it out. I absolutely loved it, and it wasn't what I thought it would be from the cover. It kind of reminded me of the Goonies, but these kids go after monsters. Plus, I love the movies from the 80s.

At the beginning of the Monster Squad, one of the kids wears a shirt that reads Stephen King Rules. I knew then that I was going to love the movie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monster-squad-stephen-king1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	17741

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Are these older movies and all the kids are blonde?
    Yes they are the 1960 and 1963 versions and the kids are all blonde in the "Village.." movie

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    At the beginning of the Monster Squad, one of the kids wears a shirt that reads Stephen King Rules. I knew then that I was going to love the movie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monster-squad-stephen-king1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	17741
    My sister-in-law bought me that same shirt! It's sitting on my dresser waiting for me to lose some weight. Apparently she thinks I'm still 100 pounds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    My sister-in-law bought me that same shirt! It's sitting on my dresser waiting for me to lose some weight. Apparently she thinks I'm still 100 pounds!!!
    I found the shirt "Cool Story Babe. Now, make me a sandwich." It was a random find and bought it, of course. Ha!

I just watched "Jack Reacher" on blu ray and found it to be a solid and enjoyable movie. Reviews made it seem more like a typical action movie but it was really more of a mystery/thriller. I give it a rating of 3 stars (out of 4).