Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 277

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 277 of 287 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2863

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Watched The Reflecting Skin last night. It is on a dvd compilation with 7 other movies, none of which I had ever heard of before. I had seen Skin before when it was first released for rental way back....whenever. Pretty decent movie. It's also Viggo Mortensen's second film. It's about a small boy who thinks his neighbor lady is a vampire. Filmed like a David Lynch movie. Anyone seen this?

Yup, I did.
    Good one, I liked it.

Watched a definite 'B' movie called Brothel. It's on the dvd compilation that I got a few days ago. Not a good movie- jerky editing and boring plot. But, it had Grace Zabriski in it, she of Twin Peaks and a few David Lynch movies fame, so I had to watch it. She played the owner of the brothel who is also a ghost. She always brings something special to her roles, she is not afraid to go down a dark tunnel of creepiness to bring a character to life!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Watched The Reflecting Skin last night. It is on a dvd compilation with 7 other movies, none of which I had ever heard of before. I had seen Skin before when it was first released for rental way back....whenever. Pretty decent movie. It's also Viggo Mortensen's second film. It's about a small boy who thinks his neighbor lady is a vampire. Filmed like a David Lynch movie. Anyone seen this?
    I saw this movie in the 90's and thought it was strange and wonderful. I looked (recently) and couldn't find it available anywhere, which I thought was a shame. I will look around for that compilation. Was the quality good? I did try watching it on Youtube but the quality was awful, so I gave up. I think I ended up watching Mulholland Dr instead (again) to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by addieprey View Post
    I saw this movie in the 90's and thought it was strange and wonderful. I looked (recently) and couldn't find it available anywhere, which I thought was a shame. I will look around for that compilation. Was the quality good? I did try watching it on Youtube but the quality was awful, so I gave up. I think I ended up watching Mulholland Dr instead (again) to compensate.
    The quality wasn't bad. I prefer to watch movies in widescreen, which this wasn't. But, the pic and sound quality were great! I looked on amazon a few days ago and I think you can get dvd and bluray copies of this movie. I got the compilation dvd for less than what amazon wants for just this one movie on dvd. PS- my all time favorite movie is Mulholland Drive!!! Well, todd up between that and Inception. Both are IMHO perfect movies!!!I wish Lynch would release this one on bluray!!!

I recently watched Snow White and the Huntsman. Dear lord, I could rant about this movie for ages. The acting was terrible (with the exception of Charlize Theron), the plot was ludicrous.

The only way it could have been decent is if as soon as

Snow White reaches the beach at the start
    , Cthulhu leapt out of the sea and devoured her.

The last film I watched was My Amityville Horror a documentary about the younger Lutz boy. Very interesting...

Watched a movie called "Europa Report" last night. Strange. Sci-Fi meets documentary type movie. Can't decide if I liked it or not yet but I keep thinking about it so I guess it made some sort of impression. Mission to Europa to see if there is life goes......well....doesn't go so well.....

Quote Originally Posted by CriticAndProud View Post
    I recently watched Snow White and the Huntsman. Dear lord, I could rant about this movie for ages. The acting was terrible (with the exception of Charlize Theron), the plot was ludicrous.

The only way it could have been decent is if as soon as

Snow White reaches the beach at the start
    , Cthulhu leapt out of the sea and devoured her.

Couldn`t agree more.

Right now I`m watching a comedy with Vaughn/Wilson " The Internship"...as always, somebody might call their movies trash, but I find them relaxing and there is always a few good belly-laughs.

Checked out "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" DVD from the library and watched it last night. Sometimes you just need to watch something fun-love the dad's fixation with Windex!