Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
whats the latest movie you have watched? - Page 47

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 47 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

The last movie I saw was supposed to be a comedy, called "Observe and Report." It was a stupid movie, not very funny, and it left me feeling soiled after viewing. It also seems to glorify police brutality, of all things. My wife mainly only likes comedies, and she didn't care for it either.

Over the weekend I watched Away We Go with Maya Rudolph. It was an OK movie; the supporting actors made it IMO. There were some really hilarious parts, but I wouldn't watch it a second time.

Monday night I watched Seven Pounds starring Will Smith, and I loved it! Fantastic! I cried so hard after the last scene, and I'm really not sure why. It was a moving movie, and Rosario Dawson was incredible playing a person with congenitive heart failure. It was a sweet, sad, inspirational film, and I plan on watching it again.

Last night I watched 27 Dresses starring Catherine Heigl (sp?) as a "professional bridesmaid" and James Marsden (who I love from Enchanted) as a wedding/wedding party "reporter/journalist." I was not prepared to like this movie, but couldn't find anything else to watch. It was great! Funny, sad, irritating; there were even some laugh out loud moments. B-B-B-B-B Benny and The Jetts......!!!

Monday night, desperately needing something to watch for which thinking was not necessary I chose to watch Nights In Rodanthe

Got only one response to the movie .. Yawn!!

Secret Window with Johnny Depp

That robe he wears in much of the movie so fits the character!

I just watched Boy A! In one word? SUPERB, but I elaborated in its own thread

Let the right one in- honestly one of the best movies ive seen in a long time

rec.- scared the crap out of me! i usually dont really like the 'blair witch' handheld camera stuff...but this movie was great!

ratatoullie- ...this movie's cool.

step brothers- histerical...so far hasnt gotten old!

Quote Originally Posted by Natjen24 View Post
    Monday night, desperately needing something to watch for which thinking was not necessary I chose to watch Nights In Rodanthe

Got only one response to the movie .. Yawn!!
    Thanks for the review! This movie's been on my radar for a long time, but I just haven't been motivated to watch it. I'll cross it off my list.

Every night when I search for a movie to watch, I go by The Bucket List with an eye-roll. Last night, I finally watched it, thinking it would be predictable and annoying and cliche. It was wonderful. I laughed SO HARD in some places. Jack Nicholson was an absolute riot at times, and yet broke my heart in places too. What a wonderful movie. It was a little cheesy in places, but overall, it had a wonderful message about family vs. solitude and money.

Just watched Baraka. Incredible. It's a visual documentary - whatever that means. It's 90 minutes of the most stunning images (filmed in high def) from around the world with wonderfully adapted music. Don't know how to describe it well, sadly, and haven't seen any other movies like it. It made my wife cry at one part (poor baby chicks!) and then wake me up in the middle of the night with something else that inspired her.

Children of the corn remake.
    Boourns!