This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 97 of 287 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Default Re: whats the latest movie you have watched?

Quote Originally Posted by mojomofo View Post
    Clash of the Titans remake. Horrible, horrible movie.
    I watched that today. A great idea that fell way short, I was very disappointed.

I watched Rose Red a few days ago, and I thought it was excellent. Then I watched Apt Pupil last night, and it was pretty good. While the movie

didn't follow the book, it wasn't a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie oh Pah View Post
    I watched that today. A great idea that fell way short, I was very disappointed.
    I have read some really awful reviews for this....it must have really earned them...sadly ( glad I didn't go see it)

I watch The Stand yesterday. This was the second time I've watch it and it's still very good.

The Karate kid, the new one. I recommend it. Good sense of humor. Plus Jackie Chan is awesome. And the Twelve year old bad kid scares me. He could probably kick the crap out of me.

I watched Scott Pilgrim VS The World the other night... It was very different.

Nightmare On Elm Street. Another bad remake. Bad acting along with good special effects just makes for more of a comedy than a horror film. Too many remakes these days. Where is the originality?

Watched Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? over the weekend.....very creepy

Quote Originally Posted by jc818 View Post
    Nightmare On Elm Street. Another bad remake. Bad acting along with good special effects just makes for more of a comedy than a horror film. Too many remakes these days. Where is the originality?
    There is none, at least not in the minds of studio executives. Maybe there is one or two who know a good script when they see it, But that is it. Good directors have to fight studio heads who want to feel like all the money they make is because of them, but it isn't, it is because the good directors know how to sidestep mediocrity. They fight and they fight until the exec's give up.

Other than that, most bad movies come from contracted writers that pump out scripts at 90 miles an hour. They hire directors that know how to point a camera, that's it, just point, collect paycheck, kiss executive butt, go home, start new movie tomorrow, the sixth remake of Ben Hur with explosions and spaceships, The manchurian candidate with Jackie chan. Don't forget we also need ten more bad starwars movies, poor lucas. Then they have an original movie that an executive came up with about a guy who kills campers with an ax when they answer their twitter messages. Boy oh boy, the mediocrity is thick. But it is not the executives fault, at least not all of it. People like explosions, so they sell explosions, and people like ax murdering text messaging malcontents with masks. As long as they pay, the movies will play.

Thank god for wes anderson!

Just saw Megamind in 3D this weekend. Pretty funny -- not the best animated flick I've ever seen, but funny. Before that, X - the Man with the X-Ray Eyes, one of my fave classic films.