This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Movies high on the creep factor:
    The Others
    The Orphanage
    Don't Look Now
    Jacob's Ladder
    Suspiria
    The Changeling (1980)
    Inland Empire
    The Descent
    Paperhouse (region 2 DVD)
    The Vanishing (Dutch version, 1988)
    The Innocents
    The Shining
    The Exorcist
    Scream of Fear
    Paranoiac
    The Girl Next Door (2007)
    Session 9
    Wow, I can't believe somebody else has seen Paperhouse! I watched this for the first time when I was about 9, and searched high and low for a copy of mine very own and finally got it on Ebay for twenty bucks.

I just watched Session 9 a few weeks ago. Brilliantly done, and one of the most underrated horror movies released in the last few years. You fushingfeef had a fantastic list.!

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I would have to say my favorite horror movie is the remake of The Hitcher or the new Halloween by Rob Zombie (Mike Meyers as a child).

One movie that is really high on the creep factor is The Entity with Barbara Hershey.

The part where the ghosts are biting her creeped me right out!

My favorite horror movie was Nightmare on Elm Street 4...I watched it at the drive in and was so engrossed that I didn't see someone approach my side window. When I did see them, I started screaming and almost had a heart attach. The guy thouight he knew me and apologized, I told him if I would have had a gun in the car that he would be dead. I rolled down my window, put my blanket up, rolled the window back up to hold it and continued watching the movie. No other movie has ever scared me as bad as the scare I got that night.

Wolf Creek is a fantastic movie ..... John Jarratt should have got an oscar for that performance ... I dont get scared in movies but even when I see him on TV now I still get a bit creeped out by him ... (he once was a presenter on Better Homes and Gardens here .. showing us how to renovate and build stuff)

My other favourite is Se7en ... with Brad Pitt

I also really enjoyed the first Saw - purely because of the twists.

I don't know about anyone else but I am also extremely creeped out by creatures with unnatural movements. What I mean by that is the ghost chick in The Ring and the chick in The Grudge. The flickering and jerky movements are really really high on the creep factor.

I was 4 month pregnant when I watched The Grudge. Not sure if it was the hormones or not but I sat in the theater and watched the whole movie with my eyes covered. Well not watching wasn't good enough, I could still hear, and I will say I am still freaked out by the noise that the creature made

when it was being drowned
    . My husband thinks it is really funny to call from work in the middle of the night and make that noise on the phone. Really doesn't help that we have an attic access right at the top of our stairs by the bedrooms. Seriously wrecked me for being home alone during a power outage!

I can't chose only one film, but The Exorcist is a cult film, the Hostels are very funny, and The Human centipede is horrible. I'm a horror movie fan and please, give me ideas!

Pet Sematary when Rachel comes to the kitchen...

Gladys, you wanted new ideas?
    as JayneH just said:
    'Wolf Creek' is a very good horrific movie,
    From the land down-under.
    Trust us, if you haven't seen it.
    It'll creep you out good and you will remember it.
    I couldn't get it out of my mind for about a week.
    Nightmares are born out of this sort of thing.
    Remember... It's just a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by fredwise View Post
    What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw?

I just watched "the Others" last night and it creeped me out all the way. The buildup and the part with the photo album were strangely what made it so terrifying for me.
    As for one of the creepiest scenes of the movies I've seen, I was ill-prepared for the suicide scene in "Master and Commander".
    So funny, I'm not frightened by books or movies (probably because I'm so sick/depraved to begin with LOL) so the Others didn't scare me, yet I loved the pervasive melancholy of the scene where the Nicole Kidman character met her husband in the deep fog. It was very sad and meaningful. Was the Others a novel?

My aunt used to babysit us. She let us see any and all horror films. So I watched Poltergeist when I was about six years old. It scared the crap out of me--there is no way you ever want to let a six year old watch that, but in retrospect I'm glad she did! There was also this awful movie called The Boogens (I think it was called that anyway) where nasty amoeba boogery alien things sent tentacles from the basement of a house to slurpily abduct various family members. I was afraid of basements for years . . .

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast