Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ? - Page 13

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I loved M.Night's "The Village" , that has so far been my favorite horror movie. The monster in it creeped me out! and that the story had a mysterious twist at the end.
    The scariest one I think I have ever saw was "The Exorcist". I can't watch one anymore.

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

Favourite horror movie.....Poltergeist. Scariest movie.....The Exorcist....I still can't watch that movie!

No favorite horror movie, but the scene that to this day I still recall as one of most terrifying I've ever seen came from the movie adaptation of a SK book I've never even read (no connection to the experience) -- Pet Sematary. I was with my cousin in our basement back in 1980-something and the scene where the girl's back is riddled with tumours, I think (I honestly have never watched it since), came on and 1) I almost vomited; 2) I began to swoon; and 3) my cousins shrill ear-piercing caterwaul sent the both of us running up the stares like we were on fire. We couldn't even go back down stairs to turn the VCR off we were so terrified. I'd call that traumatic.

2001 Maniacs was pretty scary. Not for the acting or the way it ended. But the way they killed people... limbs being pulled off and such. It was just a messed up way of doing it. Movies as a whole that scare me.. any movie that can actually happen scares me. Break ins, Stalkers, Nerds on Revenge... etc.

Most of the greats have already been mentioned, The Innocents, The Changling, The Woman In Black, Don't Look Now & The Others

But one that no one has picked up on is A Warning to the Curious. A short almost one man production made for TV by the BBC with the great Peter Vaughan. Gothic Horror really does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I am also extremely creeped out by creatures with unnatural movements. What I mean by that is the ghost chick in The Ring and the chick in The Grudge. The flickering and jerky movements are really really high on the creep factor.
    I totally agree! And the noise the girl made in The Grudge just made it that much creepier! That was probably the creepiest movie I had seen until I saw Paranormal Activity. Wow, that gave me the chills for a week after! Seriously high on the creepy and chill factor and it's all in your head. It's not often I can find a movie that does that to me anymore.

As far as favorite horror, I can't choose just one, so here are my top 3 in any order you choose. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Hellraiser, or Rob Zombies Halloween.

THE EXORCIST. Anything dealing with the supernatural creeps me out.
    The scariest scene in a movie had to be in the original Nightmare on Elm Street when Nancy falls asleep in the middle of class and looks out the door to see her best friend that was just murdered in a bloody body bag waving and calling her name. I was 10 or 11 when I first saw that and I had nightmares for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jc818 View Post
    THE EXORCIST. Anything dealing with the supernatural creeps me out.
    The scariest scene in a movie had to be in the original Nightmare on Elm Street when Nancy falls asleep in the middle of class and looks out the door to see her best friend that was just murdered in a bloody body bag waving and calling her name. I was 10 or 11 when I first saw that and I had nightmares for a week.

I know! That was my first horror film. I was under the age of 10 when I saw it. I will never forget that scene and the scene where johnny depp is sucked in the mattress and than shot out and his mom comes in.. good times.. haha

The Changling, with George C. Scott
    Not bloody, not gory, just plain scary. the scene when the ball comes rolling down the stairs and then the wheel chair is just sitting at the top of the stairs and it's pitch black behind it.... ugh... I still get shivers thinking about it.

Hnnn, I'm blowing the board up with posts. Sorry!
    But my favorites would have to be The unborn and The last exorcism. Pretty recent ones, I enjoy old horror movies too. The hills have eyes, old and new, will always be on my top ten. ALWAYS. Tak!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast