This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

i don't know... one of the most disturbing scenes i ever saw in a movie was the crucifix scene from The Exorcist... i don't know about scary but it definitely warped my little 11 year old mind when i saw it LOL

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I agree with everyone about The Descent, although it wouldn't be my scariest movie of all time. I would half to say, Halloween, closely followed by the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre tops the list for me. Those are still two of the very few horror films I can't watch alone in the dark. The beginning of Halloween is the most scariest scene ever made, followed by the first appearance of Leatherface.

I'd to say that for an 80's B movie, Dolls was pretty creepy. One of Stuart Gordon's most underrated best. I cannot handle movies with creepy porcelain dolls (Dolls) or Ventriloquist dummies (Magic). Those are some of the scariest things on earth.

Not my favorite but the scariest was Chain-saw M. the original , just the fact that it was suppose to be based on real events. Ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by devious1 View Post
    i don't know... one of the most disturbing scenes i ever saw in a movie was the crucifix scene from The Exorcist... i don't know about scary but it definitely warped my little 11 year old mind when i saw it LOL
    What on earth were you doing watching the Exorcist at age 11? Where were your parents? It scared the poo out of me when I watched it when it first came out when I was 19.

My favorite horror movie is Dead of Night, an extremely weird and spooky, old black and white classic. I can't speak to my favorite scene without spoiling it for those of you who may want to check it out--and please do. My second favorite, which is not strictly horror, is The Innocents, which is based on The Turn of the Screw, a novella by Henry James. The Haunting is great, and worth mentioning are The Woman in Black, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, and The Blob (original).

As far as more modern movies, I liked What Lies Beneath.

I have to say because of my age at the time (11 or 12) was the Amityville movies. I watched 1-3 plus the Exorcist during a HBO Halloween marathon. After that I had to watch comedy just to get myself back to my room....as I was heading to bed, my stepfather said "Hey don't fall into the well". Bah needless to say I didnt sleep that well that night, not to mention the attic panel was in my room at the time and my fears sent me into seeing things. I still think I saw that panel move! LOL
    (My sister and I had to switch bedrooms the very next day).

My most favorite horror movie has to be Poltergiest. I saw that movie when I was around eight years old, and it scared the crap out of me. There were many parts that freaked me out, but the one scene that stayed with me was the part with

the clown doll that pulled Robbie under the bed, and tried to strangle him.
    I still make I run for my bed and jump in 'cause that part of the movie freaked me out. Wht was even more freaky was I found out recently that when they were shooting that scene the doll was actually tied around the actor neck so tight that it actually started to srangle to actor, and Speildberg had to rip the doll of him. If you want a good urban legend look up the Curse on Poltergiest, or drop me a message 'cause I know a lot about it. Thoes movies are cursed which add to my fear/love of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    What on earth were you doing watching the Exorcist at age 11? Where were your parents? It scared the poo out of me when I watched it when it first came out when I was 19.
    Ha, I'm in the same boat as devious1.

My list would be:

The Exorcist, the spider-walk down the stairs on the unedited edition freaked me out as a kid, along with many other scenes in that movie.

Halloween, really just about any scene with "the shape". I had recurring nightmares of Micheal Myers chasing me; and once or twice I experienced a vivid illusion of his face staring in my window (without blinds) on a dark night.

The Shining. Twins at the end of the hallway. To get to my bedroom, I walk down a medium-sized hallway, I would imagine them there every time I turned the corner late at night.

I watched all these movies when I was in 4th and 5th grades, and my mom was there watching them with me lol.

I had nightmares for years after watching the original "Dawn of the dead". Not because it was such a scary movie to watch, but I just kept dreaming that they were after me and I was always on the run. I am such a fan of zombie movies now...

I don't know why, but the first Jeepers Creepers movie creeped me out but good. Most horror movies I can figure out what is going to happen before hand, and JC did not have a truly original story, but it did really creep me out.

And the original Alien movie. Saw it at a theater. Scared me!

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

I don't remember the name of it, but my Dad took me to a Chuck Norris film when I was a kid. I had recently won a Regional karate tournament and my parents exercised bad (good?) judgment in allowing me to see an 'R-rated' flick.

The bad guy had gotten some sort of injection that made him dang near invincible, and there was a scalpel scene...testing said badguy's regenerative powers. One slit, and he healed up. I had a few dreams about that.

I did like the part where a woman in a bar had beer poured on her breasts. She was enjoying the attention, otherwise I would have hated it. I distinctly remember thinking "I'm going to like beer and boobs one day soon." A few years later, and continuing thereafter, my premonition remains correct.

BJS

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast