Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I found the Ring very disturbing - when

she opened the cupboard door and the girl was inside who had died of fright
    I just didnt want her to open that door!

Plus I must have been the only person who didnt know that

she came out of the television
    so that was a shocker, plus the way she walked after she got out of the well........it just got to me!

Another was the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" film. Just the fact that you can be attacked while thinking you are safely asleep. I think what made it all the more frightening for me is that I have very vivid nightmares and always have done - the fact that they might be "true" just freaks me out!

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I saw (and read the adapted screenplay of) Alien when I was about 13....then I didn't sleep for 10 years. That was really the only movie that ever scared me. I still get an elevated heart rate when I watch it.

I thought Hellraiser was icky enough that I just said to myself, "Eeew, I don't think I want to ever see that again." But that was gross-out more than fear.

I have always liked scary movies, but find it hard to watch those considered scary today. Grossoutgore doesn't scare me. It just grosses me out. I had a problem with Evil Dead when I was younger and I haven't had a chance to see it since. I would probably laugh I guess. I like scary movies that really could happen to me. Those are the movies that get me excited.

I had a friend who freaked out every time we went to the beach, she had obviously watched Jaws too many times.

The original Halloween is one of my favorite horror movies. It really didn't show a lot of violence but the music and settings made it scary. Too many movies resort to lots of blood when they have weak and overdone storylines.
    The original Phantasm is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, and I saw it close to 30 years ago.
    Horror sequels make money but usually don't live up to first episodes.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl_sass View Post
    I have always liked scary movies, but find it hard to watch those considered scary today. Grossoutgore doesn't scare me. It just grosses me out. I had a problem with Evil Dead when I was younger and I haven't had a chance to see it since. I would probably laugh I guess.
    DO watch the three Evil Dead movies again! All in a row if you can find the time. You will laugh, and you won't creep out.

Some parts are so bad that they're great! I think that was part of Raimi's point. (Not literally, there's something strange in my soup...)

BJS

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Duchamp View Post
    Another was the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" film. Just the fact that you can be attacked while thinking you are safely asleep. I think what made it all the more frightening for me is that I have very vivid nightmares and always have done - the fact that they might be "true" just freaks me out!
    Ditto that! You weren't safe even in your own bed anymore.

I agree with you that most "scary" movies out nowadays really aren't scary. Hacking up teenagers has gotten really old. The more gore the more scare? Not for me. I can see that on the news.

Movies like The Others and The Orphanage scared me because it was pretty much all psychological. If it can get into my head, then the movie has done it's job.

Rose Red scared the poachies out of me even before they got into the house. It was just all the build-up and suspense, the creepy shriveled dead people, etc. Move over Jason, April is here, lol.

And you probably would laugh at the Evil Dead movies, as they're supposed to be funny. Army of Darkness is my favorite of the three. Bruce Campbell and his BOOM STICK rock!

I remember seeing THE DESCENT in the theater. The suspense in that film really had me on edge. If you haven't seen it,...RENT IT (and don't use the director's previous films as any indication of this film!).

My favorite horror movie is probably Alien. But the scariest scene for me was when the head popped out of the boat in Jaws.

Hands down my favorite horror film is Poltergeist. Even 25+ years since I first saw it in the theater, it never fails to give me the creeps. From the darn tree outside the kids window, to the clown and the mom's fall into the unfinished pool, it is a masterpiece of modern horror.

My second favorite is The Omen (the original). Another great film from my childhood that scares me to this day.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast