Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

The only movie that scared me was a thriller and not a horror movie. It was the production of "A Turn of the Screw" with Richard Burton. I was just 6 years old when I saw it (wasn't supposed to be up, but you know...). Scared the bloody crap out of me. As an adult years later, it still scared me, I had to turn the lights on! Reading the book put it all in perspective, as did seeing the remake with Julian Sands about 20 years later. That original movie, the way it was filmed still gives me the creeps.

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

One of the scariest scenes I ever saw was in The 1980 movie the Changeling with George C. Scott. He is at a mans house and his friend comes to his house to find him and hears him shouting way in the back up in the attic. She climbs all the way up to the room where a little boy who had arthritis and was killed by his father. As she opens the door to the room an old fashioned wheel chair turns around and starts chasing her through the house and down the stairs barely missing her because she falls and it crashes into the front door, just then Scotts character comes home and they get the frig out of there.

LostGraveRobber:
    I have too agree with you I saw the movie I was around 9 or 10 with my dad the darn clown under the bed scare the bejesus out of me.
    Fright Night was one vampire movie that scare me and my syster so much that we when together to sleep that nigh

Quote Originally Posted by JayneH View Post
    Not really a horror but loved the ending of Se7en with Brad Pit and Morgan Freeman. When they

open the box and her head is inside

I dont really get scared of Horrors but still remember seeing Friday the 13th at the Drivein when I was about 13 and thought it was pretty lame until the end when the

hand comes out of the lake
    OMG...that is where I saw Friday the 13th and I was about the same age...maybe a little younger. I dont know WHAT my aunt was thinking taking me there! LOL But it has lead to a long life of loving scary movies and books!

Way too many choices as I looooove horror movies! Jaws, if you consider it a horror movie, is unsurpassed. I also love Rosemary's Baby. As far as having me on the edge of my seat and jumping through the ceiling at the "gotcha" moments, the award would have to go to the first House movie. There were so many surprises and suspenseful moments in that one. For the more recently made horror movies, I'd go with either The Ring or Saw I as my favorite.

I'd have to think on what would be the most disturbing scene for me. The epic twist at the end of Skeleton Key was pretty disturbing when you realize what happened. I've also been pretty messed up psychologically by the steamroller scene in SK's own Maximum Overdrive for the sound effects alone, even though I wasn't a fan of the movie as a whole. The ending of The Mist adaptation disturbed me as well. I'd say anything that involves a kid getting killed in a somewhat realistic manner (I.E. not having bugs and snakes come out of their Halloween Mask during a TV commercial) disturbs me since I have a 1 and 3 year old.

When I was a kid Poltergeist scared the holy hell out of me. The scene with the clown, when the clown attacked the kid......yeah, I was all done. The real kicker was......my mother collected clowns!!!! I STILL hate clowns!!!

Scariest movie scene I ever saw is the dream sequence near the end of "Carrie" where the hand comes out of the ground. That scene scared
    the heck outta me.
    I don't have one favorite horror movie. It, Christine, and Firestarter. I like the old Hammer Studio movies, Dracula (Universal, 1931), anything with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, or Boris Karloff.

One of my favorite horror movies is Nightmare On Elm Street. It's the first movie I've seen that was both gory and terrifying. My favorite scene in that movie is when

Nancy goes into that clinic and grabs Freddy's hat out of her dream. It wasn't scary, it just really sucked you in.

The things that tend to scare me most in horror movies are mental asylums. I don't know why, they just give me a bad feeling.

Favourite? Kubrick's "The shining"

Scariest scene for me was probably the infamous TV scene near the end of the first "The Ring" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAfterReading View Post
    Scariest scene for me was probably the infamous TV scene near the end of the first "The Ring" movie.
    I love that scene. Unfortunately, I was told about it before viewing it, so I knew it was coming.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast