This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever saw ?

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

Jaws for me. Scared the crap out of me as a child and stuck with me as a perfectly paced story.

Great acting, great direction, great script. Please, please don't remake this one.

Default Re: What's your favorite horror movie and what's the scariest movie scene you ever sa

I wouldnt say it is my favorite movie- but its on the top of my list the remake of the hills have eyes was great in my opinion----- the scariest part for me was when pluto and ohhh whats his name with the messed up lip( oh brain fart) attck the trailor when everyone is sleeping adn the dad starts buringong on the tree... i juist thought it was scary becasue [SPOILER]the mutants take the baby and it scared the "poop" out opf me cuz i didnt want anything to happen to the little baby[SPOILER]

I actually felt the strange need to blog about Jaws after commenting here.

Have a read if you like: http://jawsseansshack.blogspot.com/2...-one-word.html

Ok, I've fooled around alot, but take my word on this:
    It was the Exorcist scenes with the possessed Reagan.
    I was about 10 when my parents and I saw it at the Duke City Drive-In theater in Albuquerque.
    We were in a 1970 Ford Thunderbird (which was puke-green) and I was in the back seat sitting in the middle. When the full-on stuff started I started looking at the floorpans left and right waiting for the Devil to come from beneath and get me.
    But that wasn't the worst, I kept my cool so as not to embarrass myself to my Dad, who always hated me whether or not I did good or bad. I kept silent.
    No, a week later (my brother and I shared a room, he kept the AM radio playing at night while we slept) I awoke at 12:00 midnight to the theme of the Exorcist playing. It was called Tubular Bells if I remember right. Alone, at night, hearing that creepy crappy stuff I was almost the first 10-year old in the history of mankind to suffer a stress-induced heart-attack while that song played. The worst part of it was that in spite of my mind-numbing fear that the Devil had awoken me just as that song stared in order to inform me that his demon patrol was coming for me, I knew I had no one to call out to for complaint because I was always reviled and hated by my family for being handicapped.
    Now that, all together, is some serioulsly scary stuff. I sucked it up and by the end of the song I had determined thet nothing in life would ever make me that scared again. Even the modern religion-fascist-dollar based politics and war dosn't scare me because I knew then what I know now: We are all adrift in a sea of hatred and evil. The Devil is the master, and we are all his puppets. We will all die and it will be scary and hurt, no worries, at least I know what to look forward to. God can't help you because the Devil is what prevails.
    It's playing out all around.
    You just haven't accepted the scary truth the way I have.
    Somebody top that, if you think you can.

scariest scene EVER to me is the scene in child's play where the mother comes home after her son told her that his good-guy doll killed everyone, she's distressed because he's been put in a mental health center, she picks up the box that the good guy doll came in, she turns it over and the batteries fall out and we realize that the doll has been running without batteries the whole time.

another horrific scene is the part in the strangers where if you look closely the guy in the mask is standing in the dark doorway staring at liv tyler.

my favorite horror movie probably has to be return of the living dead, although its really kind of a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Strider View Post
    It was the Exorcist scenes with the possessed Reagan.
    I was about 10 when my parents and I saw it at the Duke City Drive-In theater in Albuquerque.
    We were in a 1970 Ford Thunderbird (which was puke-green) and I was in the back seat sitting in the middle. When the full-on stuff started I started looking at the floorpans left and right waiting for the Devil to come from beneath and get me.
    But that wasn't the worst, I kept my cool so as not to embarrass myself to my Dad, who always hated me whether or not I did good or bad. I kept silent.

Now, a week later (my brother and I shared a room, he kept the AM radio playing at night while we slept) I awoke at 12:00 midnight to the theme of the Exorcist playing. It was called Tubular Bells if I remember right. Alone, at night, hearing that creepy crappy stuff I was almost the first 10-year old in the history of mankind to suffer a stress-induced heart-attack while that song played. The worst part of it was that in spite of my mind-numbing fear that the Devil had awoken me just as that song stared in order to inform me that his demon patrol was coming for me, I knew I had no one to call out to for complaint because I was always reviled and hated by my family for being handicapped.

Now that, all together, is some serioulsly scary stuff. I sucked it up and by the end of the song I had determined thet nothing in life would ever make me that scared again.
    That is spot on for me as well Ranger . . .the movie had the same effect on me and to this day it still scares me . . .it lingers in my mind for days after watching it.

Not much scares me now . . .which kind of scares me more!

I always hope for the best but I stay prepared for the worse, I keep a plan A, B, and C readily available. Over the years I've taught myself to hide this from others, but not much surprises me. And the little daily hassles don't bother me at all . . .I just roll with it because I found that getting upset about it only makes things harder.

In what way are you handicapped Ranger? If you tell me to smuck off I'll do that but I'd like to know . . .if you prefer you may tell me in a PM.

I love Jason,Freddie,Michael Meyers and Hannibal. But I love to watch horror movie really horror like Saw 1-6

Silence Of The Lambs..........Utterly disturbing!!!!!

My favourite horror movie, and probably my favourite actual film, is The Shining, i think i rambled on about it in that section, it's a work of art.

But, the most frightening film i have ever seen, by far, is The Exorcist.

I saw it when i was around 15 and couldn't stop laughing. I saw it at 21 and found it the most disturbing and psychologically distressing thing i have ever witnessed and it haunts me constantly. It is so awful seeing that poor girl going through such evil torments by this vicious force.

The worst aspect is that this is a child who is herself, scared out of her wits and in undeniable pain. She isn't a monster, but a victim, and her family have no control or idea of the power they are dealing with.

It's terrifying. I admit, i have an active imagination and do get freaked out by shadows and the like, but this film goes far far beyond any of that.

My favorite horror movie is John Carpenter's: The Thing. Given, the 1st 2 Freddie Krueger movies are great also.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast