This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Default Re: Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by SKfan2006 View Post
    you know whats funny about the series? the only ones that were meant to have Myers was the first two. each installment after that were ment to be about different horrifying events that take place on halloween. hence why halloween 3 is so different. but when people complained about where michael was they decided to bring him back for the 4th film. but when they got to H20 they retconned 4, 5, and 6. not sure how ressurection had to do with the kill a family member storyline since the story pretty much ended after the first 10 minutes with Lauries death.
    i always wondered about that! thanks for clearing that mystery up! i actually preferred number 8 to 7 though. 7 just annoyed me. but 8 bugged me when they said they were the first people to go into the myers house since the murders, when the whole point of number 6 was that they'd redone the house and let a new family into it and michael was trying to kill them off to reclaim his home. yeah...i'm sad enough to have cared about the continuity in those films

Quote Originally Posted by thymeoperator View Post
    i always wondered about that! thanks for clearing that mystery up! i actually preferred number 8 to 7 though. 7 just annoyed me. but 8 bugged me when they said they were the first people to go into the myers house since the murders, when the whole point of number 6 was that they'd redone the house and let a new family into it and michael was trying to kill them off to reclaim his home. yeah...i'm sad enough to have cared about the continuity in those films
    well there are two continutity's story-wise.
    the first is H1, H2, H4, H5, and H6.
    the second is H1, H2, H20, and HR. in this one it's like Laurie moved and hadn't seen hide nor hair of Michael in 20 years so they had to show the pshocological side of that. in this version it's like Jaimie never existed.

Back in the 70's and early 80's it wasn't allowed to show too much nudity or blood but it still scared the bejesus out of people. I watched Rob Zombies and while I loved the full Michael Myers back ground, wow the gore in that movie, I never watched it again, I will always take the original Halloween 1 and 2.

As far as the Rob Zombie one is concerned, the words "dear Christ, make it go away" come to mind... :P

I saw the original Halloween in the movie theater a few days after it was released. I was scared to death before it even started; not because of the content, but because I was underage and was convinced the ushers were going to drag me kicking and screaming from my seat because I was only 15. (Theaters used to be really serious about not letting anyone in to rated-R movies if they were not with a parent.) Of course, it didn't help that while standing in line, my big sister's friend said at the top of her voice: "What?! You're only 15? I'm telling the usher not to let you in!"

The original Halloween was a hell of a lot more suspenseful than most of the splattery movies that followed it, and was probably one of the last of the “horror” movies made that relied more on inner fears than fear of getting sliced and diced. Gotta admit, tho - one scene still bugs me. If I was babysitting and spilled something on my clothes, I sure as hell would not strip down (sorry, guys!) and toss ‘em in the washer right then and there. Actually, that scene did horrify me in another way – that she wasted all that water on just a small amount of clothes! Must be growing up with water shortages in California that made the scene so horrific for me!

I did see the Rob Zombie version a few weeks ago. He did a great job with Mike Myers' childhood background - it sure explained a lot of things about him. (His nickname could have been “Slugger.”) Like a few of you said, tho – once he got back to Haddonfield, the movie kind of became pointless. It WAS a nice touch at the end, tho – when

they tied in his baby sister screaming with his now-teenaged sister screaming
    . Word of warning to animal lovers: do not watch the credits!

I was about 15 when I saw the original Halloween. It was so scary to me at the time, a few days after I was babysitting and was frozen in the living room afraid to go into the other end of the house where my nephew was sleeping. And still to this day on one of those gray early winter days I can look outside in the backyard and for a split second I think of Michael Myers like Laurie did just standing there. And to be honest even as an adult I am still afraid to see some of the horror movies because of that experience.

I liked the Rob Zombie version of Halloween. H2 looks cool, I like the Carpenter original. That would be a wicked marathon though>All including H20.

Jack Frost Guest

Halloween is one of my all time FAVORITE scary movies. I even like Halloween 2 quite a bit.

I liked the Rob Zombie remake, but it just didn't do the original justice in my humble opinion. My biggest issue was with Michael's childhood. I LOVED the idea of the backstory. In fact I thought the majority of it was awesome. What I hated was what Zombie did to Michael's family. With the original movie, we see his family as a normal middle income type family. Not this white trash thing that Zombie portrayed. I would have liked for him to have stuck with the original storyline on that. In so many ways it also makes Michael that much more frightening that he is so twisted, just cuz--not because he had a horrible childhood.

Wink Re: Halloween

I was twelve years old and my Grandma went to take me to the movies She stayed in the foyer the whole time. It was awesome!!!! A couple days later, I was walking home during the night and I saw someone step out of the hedges and stand there. I do not remember much after that exept running my red keds off!!! You feet can literally not touch the ground. Looking back, I still saw what I saw. I have the Haloween ringtone on my phone.

The newer version was interesting because it gave more of a background of the dymanics of Micael Myers history and dysfunctional family. Yes, it was bloodier but nowadays movies are. H2 Halloween 2 is coming soon and I cannot wait.

I will always love Halloween the original because for it's day, it was a progressive horror movie and to me it is timeless.

Not knowing why Michael became a monster is what made it so scary. I HATE the backstory. I didn't want to know it, and after I saw it I immediately erased it from my brain. Maybe if there was at least a hint of originality and creativity in the backstory, it might be worth knowing. Zombie pretty much made Michael a member of the Firefly clan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast