This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Default Re: Halloween

Hallowe'en is my all time favorite film.
    No, Hallowe'en 3: Season of the Witch would be.
    As for the original, I like to call it a thriller and not horror film.
    I've never seen another film to date to capture that intense feeling that it gives.
    The laundry scene outside at night with Nancy Lommis Keys.
    Myers standing near the hanging plant in the curtains.
    The corpse with the head stone.
    And why, why did she go into that house!!!!!
    Part 2 gets worse.
    One, because it involves a hospital and 2 because needles are involved.
    I fast forward a lot of part 2.
    I can't stomach that stuff anymore.
    Recently I bought this beat-up copy of Hallowe'en:A Retrospective where it shows you all first 3 film locations.
    The Myers house was actually moved across the road and cut in half.
    And where they filmed the movie you wouldn't walk there today because of the neighborhood going to pieces.
    I wanna go to Loleta CA so badly to see Santa Mira and the Silver Shamrock factory.
    I grew up on Hallowe'en and the only time I vomited was because my brother vomited first then I did because I seen him do it.
    The Rob Zombie version is very mi-nute in comparison.
    In a word, horrible.
    And he's busting a gut to get part 2 out now.
    If you visit the official website www.ohmb.net of Hallowe'en don't mention my name or you'll get banned for doing so.
    They've banned me 4 times under different names too.
    Tell me, how dos one get banned in the year 2009 from a Hallowe'en 3 website?
    They're so sensitive to what you can say and if you don't agree with their opinion they shoot you down in flames.

I'm not an "old folk", and I am a modern day horror fan. I loved the original Halloween and HATED the remake. Too much sex, too much blood... I think graphic violence and sex are alright, just not in copious amounts that kind of drown out the actual movie.

weird, i dont remember the sex or that much gore in the remake of HALLOWEEN.

Tooley

You said it, man!

Apparently the new Rob Zombie Hallowe'en 2 reimagining is supposed to go over-board with lots more blood this time.
    They were even quoted as saying that they're going for the jugular this time.

Did anybody notice that films today lack atmosphere and you tend not to a give a damn about the actors like you once did?
    Take that new Transformers for example.
    Why does the lead actress have to run around in a cut dress and have her expenditure all hanging out? And then there's the pretty boy side-kick -
    Nevermind.
    I'm derailing this Hallowe'en thread with my -

Did you know that I got a request from my Silver Shamrock friends to buy an authentic Season of the Witch Hallowe'en mask - where I went and got all excited - only to be let down that they wanted $250 for the Pumpkin mask? I ain't got that sorta bread.
    Can someone lend me $250 quid and $20 postage?

The BEST "slasher" film ever, remake was ok, but I do agree with a lot of the comments that it was a slight letdown, the sequels to the original were stupid as hell though, in 5, it turns out he's part of a cult called the Thorn?, gimme a break

John Carpenter's Halloween is my favourite film of all time. Absolutely incredible film.

Pretty much my favorite horror film. It's being rereleased nationwide in October...can't wait for that! http://www.examiner.com/article/john...eased-theaters

Hoping it comes to a movie tavern so i can eat a burger and fries and drink huge mugs of beer while I watch.

...it was a great film BECAUSE it didn't get overly graphic, like a Hitchcock film...let the atmosphere build with good editing, music and your own imagination...

Movie Tavern? nice.

How cool! I was too young to see this in theaters back in the day, so it would be amazing to see this in a large audience again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast