This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Default Re: Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Movie Tavern? nice.
    Im actually from up there where you're from (Philly here) but they have 2 down here in ATL and its a place you go to, you get seated in the theater, and they give you a menu and theres buttons on your table you push whenever you want to order or a refill on your drink.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...it was a great film BECAUSE it didn't get overly graphic, like a Hitchcock film...let the atmosphere build with good editing, music and your own imagination...
    The history of how this film was made is amazing too. Such a shoe string budget, the actors were raking leaves and putting them into trash bags to reuse them in other filming locations to make it look like fall season.

And John Carpenter I think is the film medium equivalent to Stephen King. The Fog is another good one Carpenter made too....sooo eerie

I absolutely love the original Halloween movie and actually quite enjoy several of the sequels, prequels and remakes that are out there. I think I've seen them all, or at least all that I know of. Some were a bit lame but all were worth watching in my opinion until Rob Zombie took his turn at making a grown up Michael Meyers. His first remake (Halloween) was a little off for me since he changed the foundation story and I'm not crazy about that but if I thought of it as just a movie and not Halloween so much, I could let it squeeze by. But then he made Halloween II...

I had enjoyed all of Rob Zombie's movies up until Halloween II. I was so excited to watch this movie and enjoyed the previous Halloween movie he did with the exceptions stated above but when I finally sat down to watch this movie I was SO let down. I HATED this movie!

The story was seriously lacking and Sheri Moon Zombie (Michael's Mom) being cast as a spirit vision with a white horse and ridiculously wide "dead" eyes was so lame it was a distraction. The thing that bothered me the most was Michael grunting as he was killing people. I mean Come On! Michael's stealthy silence has always been a key point in what made him so terrifying and now that was taken away as well. And don't even get me going on the ending of this movie...UGH! What were you thinking Rob Zombie!

I love the original Halloween film it is one of my all time favourite movies and of the sequels I love H20 thought it got back to its original roots, the others having lost their way some what. So it was with great anticipation that I started to watch the 'new' Halloween, boy what a disappointment. Here was me thinking we were going to get some sort of back story but after about 30 - 45 mins I turned it off because it served no purpose whatsoever. The family he was in when he attacked his sister had no resemblance to the family in the back story and yes that could have been the point but I didn't stay around to find out. It just seemed some very poor and violently pointless story. So I think sometimes leave the back story to our imagination its far better than any writer could come up with.

Here's the thing, House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are classics and he should have stuck to just doing his own stories because his version of Halloween sucked.

I'm one of those who preferred the original as well. Music, mood and implied violence are scarier than in your face slasher flicks, which is what the remake was.

I've only seen Halloween H20: 20 years later (which is great IMO) and I desperately want to see the rest of the original series.

Oh no! You MUST see the original!

I saw a behind the scene pic

Just an absolute masterpiece of a movie. I would have to rank it in a tie for my favorite horror movie ever. The other would be An American Werewolf in London. They are 1 and 1a to me. You can bet I give it a viewing every October just to get into the spirit of the season. It's that time of year and I am all ready!

The original Halloween is a tense scary film. The later incarnations were not as scary even though they were gorier. Gore does not always equal scare. I love the first three films in the series, especially Season of the Witch and wish they had continued in that vein as stories that were unrelated to each other except for taking place on Halloween.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast