Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stand By Me --great flick - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Stand By Me --great flick

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Stand By Me --great flick

I picked up the blu-ray this weekend and the film looks fantastic on blu-ray. There is an additional commentary from Rob Reiner, Cory Feldman and Wil Wheaton for the blu-ray edition. This commentary was done especially for the blu-ray release. The featurette (with SK) and original commentary from the dvd are included also. There is also a music video of Ben E King singing Stand By Me. I can't remember if that was on the original dvd or not. It's amazing how good those boys are in this movie, especially River Phoenix and Wil Wheaton.

Wil Wheaton is particularly good here... What happened to him? I know he did star trek, but after that? Phoenix was phenomenal as well. Aptly accompanied by Feldman and the dude that's married to Mystique.

Default Re: Stand By Me--great flick

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Duchamp View Post
    This is one of my favourite EVER movies!

(as you would guess due to my username)

It was very true to the novella - the characters were so well drawn.........and the poignant scene when Chris started to cry becuase of his relationship with his family and how he was perceived at school regarding the stolen milk money............the whole relationship between the four boys - poor Teddy and his "crazy" father, who reading between the lines was probably shellshocked................and the story being so REAL that you can just imagine four 12 year old boys actually WANTING to go and look at a dead body

In some ways it seems like a simple story but it goes a lot deeper the more I think of it.............and the end line in the movie has to be the saddest ever.........

I never had friends like the ones I did when I was 12 ...........Christ who has?
    I also loved this movie, and agree that it was extremely close to the novella. But did anyone notice the money difference? In the movie all the amounts were the same as they were in the story, but Gordy had the largest amount. In the novella Chris is the one who has the most. Did they change it on screen because movie-goers wouldn't believe a poor white trash kid like Chris shouldn't have more money than a respectible kid like Gordie?

I really loved the scene at the end where,I think it was Vern,the chubby kid,is walking home and stops to pick up a penny on the road,signifiying life is back to normal.The adventure is already a long time ago,in the eyes of a 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 mission cap View Post
    Wil Wheaton is particularly good here... What happened to him? I know he did star trek, but after that? Phoenix was phenomenal as well. Aptly accompanied by Feldman and the dude that's married to Mystique.
    I liked him in Star Trek also. Not sure what he is doing now, but he is on twitter a lot.

The movie stand by me i had seen on a ship at midnight at my personal cabin. That day i was felling so lonely. After finished the movie i was speechless. Such a awesome move this is

The older I get. The more I miss that sense of adventure of being young. This movie gets played about once a week in my home.

I love this movie. My Grandma worked in a library that had a small movie section to rent out and she would always bring some home when we were visiting and she would bring some with her when she came to visit us. She brought Stand by Me when she came to visit once and my sister and I LOVED it immediately. We probably watched it 10 times that weekend. We even got the soundtrack and some music to play on the piano from it. We were younger so imagine my surprise when I found out that King wrote the story!

I had it on VHS, I currently have it on DVD and I absolutely think that it will be purchased on Blu Ray soon.

mylife4yousk, beautiful movie, beautiful thread, I didn't read all the post I just have faith no one disliked this film.

Yeah, sure great flick.

I wonder how the bulemic/anorexic thought about it?

Lard ass hogan or whatever the fock his name was

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast