Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stand By Me --great flick - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand By Me --great flick

Default Re: Stand By Me --great flick

I loved it. Watching it brings back so many great memories like when crossing the railroad trestle.

the only stephen king that isn't an outright horror which beats stand by me is shawshank in my opinion. i love how versatile his stories are.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Stop stop i am on my way out the door to go look for it. compared to shawshank redemption? hey who locked this door?!$@.....ohhhh its open.

anyone else break down at the end of this film? i'm not afraid to admit it anyway in fact a good few sk movies have done this to me (shawshank, green mile, firestarter, dolores claiborne etc.)

I'll agree with everyone, it is a great movie. IMO what made it great was the way it was able to get into some pretty deep issues without making them so deep that it was hard to understand. In short, it was an easy movie to watch and understand.

Yes! What a great movie! I received this movie yesterday for Father's Day and I immediately had to watch it! It brought back some great memories of my childhood. I would say it's a must watch for any Stephen King fan!
    Best,
    Bal

This movie is best. I've seen it two times.

What`s there to say ?

On a scale of one to ten, this movie gets a 12.

This is one of my favourite EVER movies!

(as you would guess due to my username)

It was very true to the novella - the characters were so well drawn.........and the poignant scene when Chris started to cry becuase of his relationship with his family and how he was perceived at school regarding the stolen milk money............the whole relationship between the four boys - poor Teddy and his "crazy" father, who reading between the lines was probably shellshocked................and the story being so REAL that you can just imagine four 12 year old boys actually WANTING to go and look at a dead body

In some ways it seems like a simple story but it goes a lot deeper the more I think of it.............and the end line in the movie has to be the saddest ever.........

I never had friends like the ones I did when I was 12 ...........Christ who has?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Duchamp View Post

I never had friends like the ones I did when I was 12 ...........Christ who has?

I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone? "?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast