Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stand By Me --great flick - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand By Me --great flick

Default Re: Stand By Me --great flick

For an early movie it was great. I still need to buy it so my kids can watch it and get a taste of SK without being scared of clowns..

I miss river

No matter how many times I've watched it, I still tense up at the railroad trestle. Like Gordy and Vern aren't going to make it across....lol. When I was 12 or 13, my friends and I used to play Stand By Me...we lived near a pretty open area, and we would re-enact the entire movie with me as narrator...lol. I was the only one who knew the entire movie.

I think its an amazing movie because it brings you back to remember all the good and bad times you yourself had as a child. It made me miss sneaking out with my friends building tree forts and making campfires, it made me miss when it was okay to burst out into song among my friends and have them join in instead of giving you a weird look, This movie brought me back to childhood, and I think it's one of his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    What`s there to say ?

On a scale of one to ten, this movie gets a 12.
    I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I first saw this movie as a 7year old with my best friend and even as an adult I still experience the same feelings when I see it. I feel the movie captured the essence of the story beautifully...it is most definitely a timeless movie.

It also took me a lot of years to overcome my dislike of Kiefer Sutherland(which wasn't helped by his role in Lost Boys~another favourite movie of mine)...luckily Jack Bauer saved him.

All the male actors were exceptionally talented, especially Corey Feldman and River Pheonix...his death was definitely tragic as he could have went on to become a great actor.

Love this movie and this story..two thumbs up!!!

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I have watched it at least a dozen times. Best purchase of a DVD (considering most times you're lucky if you watch it more than once) I've ever made. Love, love, love it. Excellent casting. I need to read the short story; in fact, I can't believe I haven't run across it in the short story compilations that I've read thus far.

The night I met my wife, we went to see this flick, but I never saw it. Before I knew it, the lights came on.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

The railroad bridge crossing was no big deal to me, but I get my panties in a wad whenever he talks about crawling through pipes.

Some obnoxious jackass that I lost touch with in middle school at B.A. dared me to crawl through a concrete drainage ditch. (You out there, Paul Coffman?) "You follow me with a flashlight?" It was a million yards but probably only fifty. I went first.

The same kid got his butt supremely whipped during a Boy Scout "camping" trip. In a back yard overlooking a beach. We guys were all goofing off, and Paul threw a chunk of ice. It hit Wes in the eye. Wes got his peener stuck in a glass bottle a year later, but that's another story.

Paul's dad was an investment banker or something like that. Nice house, great Rottweiler. Paul's dad was a rich little Napoleon. Paul's dad beat him with a stick in the front yard and we listened to Paul screaming in our 20 tents in the back.

You want to discuss an "earworm?"

But Paul and I crawled through the pipe. The pipe was there. Lotsa ways to die...

You out there, Paul Coffman?

BJS

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    This movie! I love the way it portals you into a kids head!! Kids are cool, and I can remember all the small insignificant stuff like puke stories, dares, etc. It's the small stuff that is the most important. I felt all warm and fuzzy after this one!
    I agree wholeheartedly. My husband even liked the movie. It brought back what it was like to be a kid again.The things ihis story could've easily been a scene from many of our lives. I think I wil go watch it again soon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast