This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that LOVED this flick?

Default Re: Am I the only one that LOVED this flick?

I liked the movie but my mom really loves it.

I love this movie!!!!! I found it in the discount bin (how horrid that Sai King's movie made it in a discount bin ) and bought it on DVD. The actor that played Charles is Brian Krause and he also played Leo on the tv series Charmed. I love how he was able to change his car Who wouldn't like to go from Mustang to Camaro in the blink of an eye!

Oh his cameo in this movie is PRICELESS! The toothpick was the icing on the cake. haha. Steve Rules!

Sleepwalkers has its own special charm, and I do enjoy it...but have to admit, it's a terrible movie.
    Think about it:
    Most DVD's advertise their film with the name of the actors on it. This markets the video with "Cameos by..."
    The definition of Sleepwalkers at the beginning is stupid. When the cops find the dead cats and the girl at the beginning, there's no suspense, 'cause you already know what the monster is and how it feeds.
    You can see a Sleepwalker's true form in the mirror -- did you know when you look into a camera, you see the mirrored reflection of the object you're photographing? When Tanya takes Brian's picture in the graveyard, she should have seen his true form right them.
    A police officer with a cat that comes to the rescue of Tanya when the monster is defeated by cats? How convenient.

Maximum Overdrive is cool. Sleepwalkers...that was a major stinker.

But the funny thing about Stephen King stories is...they're like pizza....even when it's not good...it's still all right.

I will admit its not my favorite,it is a good movie though. I just saw it a minute ago,since my aunt let me borrow her copy. I skipped pass one scene but I would perfer not to watch it. I am still bothered by the mother/son relationship(I so hope that she changed him and he was adopted or something). I had to laugh about the cat scene at the end "that is one bad cat allergy"is how I described it. I was hoping there would be a directors commentary,but apparently there isn't one. I would have loved to hear people talking about the movie. Can someone explain the picture of the women,cat and thier "kid" at the very begining?

I'm going to be watching this one tonight. The general feeling is one of fond memories which is great :P
    As for cats saving the day, well... they do it all the time, but they just don't go on about it like some of the other super heroes :P
    Sometimes a bit of cheese in a film is great.
    I read here too that it was adapted from a King novel.... which one was that, as i would like to read that first.
    or was it that people mean that he wrote the screenplay.
    nice to see that Mick Garris directs it, he does seem to love directing King's work, and he isn't too bad at it either

Quote Originally Posted by leighG View Post
    I enjoyed it, and, dunno if you watched it, but Charles went on to play Leo in Charmed! LOL, just a bit of info you may not know LOL
    Yep! That's David Krause, years before his portrayal of Leo on Charmed!

Wait...sorry about that (next time remind me to check the previous posts first!) The actor's name isn't David, it's Brian Krause.
    Once again, I apologize for the misinformation..

Hah, this movie. Good cheese, weird characters, great song (Santo and Johnny! Love that tune!) and all around popcorn flick. BUT, been a long time since I watched it. Only seen it once, and that was at the drive-inn with a girl from my high school, so I really didn't pay that much attention, y'know? Probably ought to see it again.

And, this is an original screenplay, NOT an adaption--I busted my sister's boyfriend when he said "Oh yeah, I thought the book was much better..." Yeesh, why do people gotta lie about something so stupid?

I watched it when it came out i have to admit and i really, really liked it at the time but i also grew up on cheesy good horror flicks and "USA UP....All Night" sooo... Haven't watched it in years not sure how it would hold up but i always had the hots for Tanya in the movie, aka Mädchen Amick lol. Think I'll google her and see if time has been kind...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast