This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your Favorite Segment From Creepshow...

Default Re: Your Favorite Segment From Creepshow...

My fave segment is The Raft

That's a tough one. I think the scariest story overall is The Crate, but actually each segment has great moments. There is something of every type of EC story there: a straight-back-from-the-grave one, a darkly comedic Colour out of Space, watery revenge on an unfaithful wife, a deadly unknown creature set free, and more cockroaches than can be considered hygienic. And of course the voodoo doll, which features a lot in EC comics.

That's why it's so successful, I think, it captures many of the usual themes from the comics and gives them an almost archetypical treatment. They remain relatively simple, there isn't too much added in the way of plot - a child could follow them. But the simplicity sort of works in its favour. They become obvious but in a good way, it's a fine line but it can work magically and here it does.

It's one of my top favourites out of all Kingfilms.

I can't really choose - they're all great!

My favorite is The Crate, but I like them all. The Ted Danson/Leslie Nielsen segment is really good too.

It's number 1 in the IMDb poll today!

http://www.imdb.com/poll/EJc-M77__AM/results

Wow, so much higher than the other King entries. Didn't know it was that popular still, it beats recent films.

I actually voted Black Sabbath myself.

This list makes me realize how much I love the anthology format. It has some of my all time favorite horrorfilms: Spirits of the Dead, Black Sabbath, Trick 'r Treat, and Creepshow of course.

I think the best thing about an anthology is the diversity. You're not stuck with just one story and one set of characters for the whole duration. There's much more variety and surprise. They can be tonally very different films and that is the fun I think.
    And because the stories are shorter than feature length you also know that it's not gonna take too long before things are gonna get going.
    And then there's the wrap-around story, which is in the back of your mind the whole time too. Or it can be a host who presents in a fun way.

I just love the format.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678