Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cornfields so creepy! - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cornfields so creepy!

Default Re: Cornfields so creepy!

NOOOOOOOO.......don't like this movie at all.......

Beautiful story...until the ending. the supernatural was overkill, and ruined the whole thing for me. I loved the idea of twisted without supernatural.

This I like very much ! I would see again and again . Did you know the Amish farmers will not eat corn ? Thier opinion of corn is that it is only for chickens and horses , ummm?
    But the country boys will say thar ain't nutin better than a corn fed girl, ummm? The childern of Childern of the Corn, alwyas in rebellion of course, ummm?

I used to jog in the fields behind my house as a teenager. I didn't stop completely after reading Children of the Corn, but I can tell you one thing:

When the corn got high I was running FAST.

The Haunted Nighttime Adventure on Friday and Saturday nights is the best, most intense time to come! Enjoy our bonfire before you attempt your way through the haunted cornfield with Live Actors, Fog, Specialty Sound, Action Creatures and Light Effects. It is Geared for Adults. Not for the kiddies at heart! This haunt takes 40-45 Minutes to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
    I think part of the mystique of cornfields can be derived by the fact that once you immerse yourself within its corny depths, all sense of location leaves. You can't see anything, can hear only the wind brushing through cornstalks. Occasionally you may hear a small animal scamper through thick patches directly behind you.

And after watching the film, I began associating rusty sickles and old farm equipment with cornfields, and they can be creepy in their own way.

I agree. You can very easily get lost in a corn field. I have a corn field out across the road for me. and it does make you feel isolated. So was its purpose in The novel. And the movie just brought it to life. I listen to audio books and it too puts you right into the story. Try one sometime!

Red face Re: Cornfields so creepy!

When this movie first became available on VHS (yes a long time ago) I rented it to watch. I don't think I made it passed the first 15 minutes of it. It was too creepy for me to continue watching. Thus, I have never had the nerve to read the book. On that note, I will have to believe all the comments made here are true.

Talking Re: Cornfields so creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by mousenmile View Post
    I agree. You can very easily get lost in a corn field. I have a corn field out across the road for me. and it does make you feel isolated. So was its purpose in The novel. And the movie just brought it to life. I listen to audio books and it too puts you right into the story. Try one sometime!
    You never told me this, Micki! Mini convention in the corn!

Cornfields are creepy, no doubt, but I was more scared of the children! I think it says a little about fearing religious zealots! So good to see some familiar names floating around! Hi CJ! Hi Mickey!!

I was always a little weirded out by cornfields, but after seeing the movie, it took it to a whole other level! I agree, those kids were super creepy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast