Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
No one's seen Firestarter? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No one's seen Firestarter?

Default Re: No one's read Firestarter?

I am reading Firestarter right now! Completely fantastic! I am about halfway through it. And as is usual for me the book is sooo much better than the movie. Can't wait to finish and sink my teeth into something else. My last three books by Mr. King are Duma Key, Just after Sunset and Four past midnight. One, I haven't read is Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Guess I just picked my next one! Can't wait!

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

I've read 'Firestarter' a few times. I'll be reading it again soon as I stumbled on a first edition this morning. I don't collect, but I can think of worse ways to spend three bucks.

~BJS

Firestarter is among the SK titles that I also have not yet read, I had a copy in my hand the other day at the book store, but I opted for Talisman and Black house. I love that there are still a few I have not read yet. I promise when I do I'll find this thread and tell you what I thought!!

I just finished Firestarter yesterday it's fantastic! I am off to the library to pick up Nightmares and Dreamscapes. I cannot wait! I have always been more of a fan of S.K. novels...until I picked up Just After Sunset! I now know, what I was missing by neglecting those fabulous short stories! Happy reading everyone!

loved the book, more sci-fi than horror. Stephen's conspiracy theorist comes out. Pretty wicked. Rainbird was an intense character.

Quote Originally Posted by Er0tic NeUr0t1c View Post
    loved the book, more sci-fi than horror. Stephen's conspiracy theorist comes out. Pretty wicked. Rainbird was an intense character.
    I wanted Rainbird to be the first to get scorched. He was an intense character. Intensely manipulative as well.

I enjoyed both the book and the movie. The movie actually stands out more in my mind, which is unusual as I usually will have a larger store of sections of the book floating around in there. The most striking thing I recall was being excited about Charlie taking her story to Rolling Stone - it was fun to imagine the chaos that would cause IRL. I think the villain in the movie was George C. Scott's best role - yes, better than Patton.

Western New York, The Enchanted Mountains, Ski Country, Lake Effect Snowland

I just read firestarter, and I loved it! I love the evil government, man against the establishment plot!!

I just finished rereading this last night. I LOVE this book, and the movie, but I always try to read the book then watch the movie right after. Does anyone else think there should be a second Firestarter? I always wanted to know what happened to Charlie after the magazine came out, assuming that her story was published.

Have never read FIRESTARTER but I need to!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast